Search found 8 matches

by ALEdwards
30 May 2009, 15:53
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: A place called Vellanase?
Replies: 16
Views: 15115

Re: A place called Vellanase?

thank you very much. this seems like it should be the family, though I'm still reluctant to add them until I have an actual record.

i really appreciate all your help! This site is great! I'm glad I found it while googling! :D
by ALEdwards
29 May 2009, 23:17

that certainly looks like all the children in the 1920 option. It's possibly Tim remembered his grandfather's name incorrectly, or that maybe Pasquale was a middle name, or vise versa. I will keep that as a strong option. Once I can try to find out more, birthdates and such, maybe it will line up. T...
by ALEdwards
29 May 2009, 20:05

I got the obit for John at the library today. I decided to make a run in. It doesn't look like this Giovanni is ours. :( My John has siblings: Patrick (p.k.a. Pasquale) Ida (appears to never have married) Sylvia (married a Santosuosso) Carmella (married a Ciampa) At least I have siblings. But now I ...
by ALEdwards
29 May 2009, 16:45

It's still tough to tell if they're ours or not. IT seems like it matches up. I figure John was born late 1919, early 1920. But the surname is rather popular around here. If i can just get John's actual obit, it would probably be much help. No responses to my request yet, but I'm hopeful. If not, I ...
by ALEdwards
29 May 2009, 03:24

I missed the posting the first time around, sorry about that. I've looked it over and talked with Nicole. Apparently there was military in the family. John, Giovanni's son, served in the military. Likely WWII giving his age. I haven't had a chance to speak with Tim yet tho, to see if he knows of Gio...
by ALEdwards
28 May 2009, 23:49

Thank you. I appreciate it!
by ALEdwards
28 May 2009, 23:19

Assuming Giovanni was at least 15 when he had his first children, then he was most certainly born before 1905. He had a son John, born c 1920 in Boston, Massachusetts. He died 15 dec 1976. I don't know when Giovanni died yet. I also don't know the name of his wife. I believe their were at least a co...
by ALEdwards
28 May 2009, 19:59

A place called Vellanase?

The grandson recalls his grandfather, Giovanni (later John) Carbone, coming from a place in Italy, that sounded like Vellanase? I've tried searching various spellings, but have yet to find a location. Does anyone have an idea of what place this might be? I was suggested Avellino might be possible, a...