Search found 5 matches

by MarthaD
30 May 2009, 15:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Surname anglicized to Campbell
Replies: 16
Views: 11330

Re: Italian Surname anglicized to Campbell

Boy, you guys are good.....I just started this late yesterday afternoon for a co-worker. yes, I'm pretty sure that's the right marriage record. he thought his gr-grandmother was a DeBenedictis. We didn't know for sure what Campbell had been anglicized from. I think Ciampella is a good bet. I'll poke...
by MarthaD
30 May 2009, 15:17
Topic: DiChiara, Bonito, Avellino (Schena & Morella)
Replies: 2
Views: 4249

Re: DiChiara, Bonito, Avellino (Schena & Morella)

I have him in Boston, am looking to find Italian birth and parentage/sibling information.

Thanks.
by MarthaD
30 May 2009, 13:11

Re: Italian Surname anglicized to Campbell

thanks to all who've responded......I, too, have been drawn to that same 1910 record and cannot decipher the handwriting. The individual listed with Louis might be his father.....could it really be that the name is Climan? or is there another equivalent? Does anyone know if any of the suggested surn...
by MarthaD
30 May 2009, 01:53
Topic: DiChiara, Bonito, Avellino (Schena & Morella)
Replies: 2
Views: 4249

DiChiara, Bonito, Avellino (Schena & Morella)

seek info on Vincenzo DiChiara, born abt 1872 Bonito, Avellino, Italy. married to Carmella Schena...children Tomasino and Tomaso born mid 1890's. came to Boston late 1890's. more children here....Carmella died 1911. He remarried in 1915 in Boston to Rosario Morella from Melito? had 3 more children. ...
by MarthaD
30 May 2009, 01:49

Italian Surname anglicized to Campbell

has anyone a suggestion what Italian surname might have been anglicized to Campbell? I'm looking for the roots of a Louis Campbell, born 1890 in Ortucchio, Italy. is in Geneva, New York in 1920 census, came to US about 1900-1905. father's first name might possibly be Climan? Surname Camgano? census ...