Search found 90 matches

by Normandie
16 Dec 2011, 15:22
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Advice where to look on trip to Italy for ancestors
Replies: 10
Views: 4915

Re: Advice where to look on trip to Italy for ancestors

Do have copy of civil marriage document. Just wanted to know Church as might lead to other information like Baptism.
by Normandie
16 Dec 2011, 00:32

Thanks for reply. She, my cousin, only got to spend part of day in the town so couldn't check the churches. We still don't know.
by Normandie
02 May 2011, 13:05

Thanks for information. Have learned there are three Churches there. I sent names to my cousin and she will try to find more information.
by Normandie
29 Apr 2011, 14:40
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Serre, Italy
Replies: 6
Views: 2710

Re: Serre, Italy

It has to be one in Campania . As suppose to be close to Altavilla Silentina. Thanks for Churches
by Normandie
29 Apr 2011, 13:17

Thanks so much for translation and name of Church. My cousin is also going to Altavilla Silentina which is town near Serra. We know our Great Grandparents born there and married there. I have their certificates which I ordered. However, trying to find Church they went to. Can someone give me names o...
by Normandie
29 Apr 2011, 12:15

Thanks for the sites. I will tell my cousin. Since she leaving next week no time to write.

Since I don't read Italian, couldn't read the site information on the town. If any one could give me the gist of it, would appreciate. Thanks again for the help.

N.
by Normandie
28 Apr 2011, 23:27

Thanks for reply. I will have to check telephone book for her. We also wanted the name of the Churches. I have two birth certificates and marriage certificate. The marriage certificate says they married by mayor. Is there a wedding at city hall and then at the Church. They were very religious and I ...
by Normandie
28 Apr 2011, 23:19

Serre, Italy

Does any one know much about this Southern Italian town. It is in Campania and Salerno. It is not large. Some ancestors came from there. Their last names were Pepe and Cornetta. My cousin is going to visit there. Is there a main Church or several? She wants to check if any marriage or baptism. Also ...
by Normandie
26 Apr 2011, 14:39

Advice where to look on trip to Italy for ancestors

My cousin is going to Italy in about 2 weeks. She is going to town our ancestors are from. If any of you have advice as to where she should look. I have found where they born and married. She going to try to find Church they went to when they in Italy. Any advice that I can give her.
by Normandie
24 Jan 2011, 11:42
Topic: Town of Cava de"Tirreni in Region of Campana
Replies: 7
Views: 2627

Re: Town of Cava de"Tirreni in Region of Campana

Thanks for address. I need to write letter for my relatives. My Great Grandparents, my Grandfather and his two sisters are suppose to be from there. Their last name is Duro. They came as family in 1899. It looks like my Great Grandparents made several trips. What was your family name.? My Grandfathe...
by Normandie
21 Jan 2011, 16:56

Thanks for screenshots. The only thing is once I go to the shot if I want to look at more my computer closes me out. So think I have to go site on my own and not through the one posted here. I hope this makes sense. Thanks again for leads. Now I need to find my ancestors.
by Normandie
21 Jan 2011, 15:02

Thanks for the sites. Will have to try the Google Earth application.
by Normandie
21 Jan 2011, 14:42

Town of Cava de"Tirreni in Region of Campana

I am looking for information on this town. My Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother came from here with my Grandfather and his two sisters. Their last name was Duro. They came to New York in 1899 thru Ellis Island. I am hoping to find out about town and family.
by Normandie
05 Jan 2011, 14:15
Topic: Need information on San Cataldo Italy
Replies: 14
Views: 9487

Re: Need information on San Cataldo Italy

My cousin and I say thanks so much.
by Normandie
03 Jan 2011, 21:32
Topic: Need information on San Cataldo Italy
Replies: 14
Views: 9487

Re: Need information on San Cataldo Italy

to calOgerO Thanks for your reply. I am trying to find out some information on my cousin's Mother's family. Her Mother's father was Vincenzo Giambra. He arrived in New York on 14 April 1901. The passenger list said he was from San Cataldo. According to his tombstone he was born in 1861 and died in 1...