Search found 88 matches

by helepera
10 Apr 2011, 01:33
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this board,L
Replies: 54
Views: 15605

Re: This is a chore for the "big wigs" on this boa

Based on your memo below: My great grandmother was Christina Defilippis. She was married to Alfonso Solazzi from Melfi, in Potenza, Basilicata, Italy. She was married in Italy, and came to the US in 1906 with 2 of her children, Alfonso came earlier with my grandfather. As far as the 1910, its info i...
by helepera
31 Mar 2011, 11:44
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo
Replies: 149
Views: 78973

Re: Need help translation Marriage Record Palermo

Again, , I apologize for the confusion, but as I mentioned the Pecoraro record is proving to be quite complex. I found a new 1727 marriage record for Francesco Ferrara and it appears that he married Petronilla Gristina. In this record it seems that Franco is the son of the late Dom, and perhaps the ...
by helepera
31 Mar 2011, 11:38

Hi Lucap,
I am confused. Take a look at the record again and I sent another wedding record, that Ibelive is within the same family.
by helepera
30 Mar 2011, 18:39

As per Lucap 3-22-11 3:10pm I charted the info u provided and it seems that the identity of Francesco wife is unknown. Is it possibe that;swhy there is confusion in this record. The bride is shown by the names Antonia and Francesca. The doc doesn'tl list a wife for Francesco Pecoraro=, so perhaps on...
by helepera
28 Mar 2011, 15:40

This was an earlier translation fo the record above, a copy is at the very bottom of this post: Carmelo Pecoraro son of Antonio (of the late Girolamo) and Angela. Antonina [please note: in the document the name of the bride is Francesca!!] Ferrara daughter of Francesco (of the late Domenico) and xxx...
by helepera
28 Mar 2011, 14:03

Hello again, Several posts back, Lucap provided the latin translation of a marriage record. After researching records, I am having a problem identifying names in the record. So, pls help me to better understand the English translation of the following latin translation. I need to know if parents, gr...
by helepera
15 Jan 2011, 03:47

I just check the manifest and Carmela's name is listed on it! What is your email address? i wil send u the manifest. the entry below Beniamino is listed at Meldioore, Carmella, F, o yrs. Something wrong there, but it says CARMELLA!!!
by helepera
15 Jan 2011, 03:34

It shows the boroughs, i.e. Queens, Manhattan etc. The "uzza" ending on a Sicilian name usually denotes a comical endearment, like Mariuzza,or Maruzza=cute Mary, or little Mary. Also, her dad's name may have been Melchiore, and also found in many older Sicilian records. So, she may have re...
by helepera
15 Jan 2011, 01:00

What does it mean? Anyway, here's what I've found-dont know if it willl help. Beniamino Passaro New Jersey Deaths and Burials, 1720-1988 birth: 1898 death: 25 Jun 1898 — Jersey City, Hudson, New Jersey residence: Jersey City, Hudson, NJ parents: Beniamino Passaro, Meluzza record title: New Jersey ...
by helepera
14 Jan 2011, 22:46

DeFilippis I'd like to help, and if u explain exactly what u r seeking, and what u already have in one message, I'd be happy to try and find some info for you. Is this correct: Ben was married in Italy to X. Where was he born in 1860? Left X in Italy, or she died. They had no children, and he came t...
by helepera
14 Jan 2011, 20:53

I found this Ben Passaro. Is this him? First Name: Beniamino Last Name: Passaro Ethnicity: Italy Last Place of Residence: Napoli Date of Arrival: Jul 06, 1892 Age at Arrival: 32y Gender: M Marital Status: Ship of Travel: Hindoustan Port of Departure: Naples Manifest Line Number: 0499
by helepera
14 Jan 2011, 01:09

Thanks. I believe the priest's error ahs caoused much confusion! So many other record show Rosa as the wife of Phillip. I'm glad the issue is solved:-)
Mille grazie!
by helepera
13 Jan 2011, 18:18

Lucap, so he married ROSA and no Vincenza as the reocrd showed? That's a big mistake on the priest's part and has caued me much searching. If u look at my Last JPG, dated Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:44 pm it is quite clear that the husband if left column is Filippo and on the right side the bride is displaye...
by helepera
13 Jan 2011, 17:23

I just found a Death record showing that Philip Alfano was the husband of Vincenza, who died in 1700! This is 8 years prior to the above marriage. I suspect that the priest made a mistake with the entry, and that Phil, married Rosa Tamborello in 1708 and WAS one married to VINCENZA. i beliebe Rosa a...