Search found 7 matches

by pats
22 Feb 2011, 21:34
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Has my mother received the citizenship if I got it?
Replies: 3
Views: 1155

Has my mother received the citizenship if I got it?

Hi, I'm Peruvian but live in the UK. I qualified for Jure Sanguinis citizenship through my mother's family and applied and got my citizenship in the Italian consulate in London in May 2010. My mother lives back in Peru and citizenship appointments take years there (no kidding, she requested an appoi...
by pats
11 Aug 2010, 11:05
Topic: First passport application
Replies: 2
Views: 2087

First passport application

Hi, I applied to my Italian citizenship in the Italian Consulate in London and got it a couple of months ago. I went 3 weeks ago to the consulate to apply to my passport and they said that because it's my first passport it needs clearance from Italy (although I received my citizenship through the sa...
by pats
16 Jan 2010, 10:57
Topic: Will my mother get the citizenship if I apply?
Replies: 6
Views: 5010

Re: Will my mother get the citizenship if I apply?

Thanks. That's unfortunate though - the reason why she hasn't applied in Peru is that there's a big queue. She's asked for an appointment 3 years ago and she still doesn't have a date. The estimated waiting time for an appointment can be more than 5 years! Could I get an affidavit from her an apply ...
by pats
13 Jan 2010, 21:24
Topic: Will my mother get the citizenship if I apply?
Replies: 6
Views: 5010

Will my mother get the citizenship if I apply?

Hi, I'm Peruvian but currently a resident in London. I have an appointment in early February to apply for the Italian citizenship at the Italian consulate in London. My mother lives in Peru but would like her to get the citizenship as well. Can I apply for her as well here in London? Will she get th...
by pats
11 Jan 2010, 23:18
Topic: Help on birth certificate and naturalization declaration
Replies: 9
Views: 7337

Re: Help on birth certificate and naturalization declaration

Hi, I'm actually getting ready for my appointment early in February at the Italian consulate in London! I already have all my documents, starting from my GGGF. My mom lives in Peru but I'd like her to get the citizenship when I apply here in London. Will that be possible? Is there anything I should ...
by pats
16 Sep 2009, 18:03

Re: Help on birth certificate and naturalization declaration

Thanks. That's actually very helpful. Would my grandfather's birth certificate be registered in the comune? How can I prove that he is Italian now so that I don't need to collect all the documentation again?
by pats
16 Sep 2009, 15:50

Help on birth certificate and naturalization declaration

Hi, I'm Peruvian but currently a UK resident so want to start my citizenship process in London. My GGGF was the first Italian inmigrant to come to Peru. Five years ago, most of my aunts and uncles requested the citizenship and in the process by GGF and grandfather acquired the citizenship. However, ...