Search found 12 matches

by band09mom
09 Apr 2010, 03:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help with an Italian name
Replies: 14
Views: 6136

Re: Help with an Italian name

Thanks to everyone who responded to this question especially to "T" who posted the census. I have never heard of this name and didn't even know this person existed. I am going to try and find out more about him. He was my great uncle.
Thanks again.
by band09mom
08 Apr 2010, 21:23

Thanks, T, for posting for me. Yea, Luigia was the first thought I had. Is Luigi short for Louis? What a mystery!
by band09mom
08 Apr 2010, 20:20

This is for Tessa78. I tried to upload the file on www.imageshack.com, but it says it is not a valid content. Is there another way to insert the file. I tried to copy and paste, but that didn't work.
Thanks
by band09mom
08 Apr 2010, 18:56

Help with an Italian name

I found a 1900 census with the name of my great uncle. I didn't even know he existed. I have never heard of this name. This is what it looks like to me:

Lavigia

Has anyone ever heard of this name (first name)? I can send the actual file, but I don't know how to insert it.

Gracie.
by band09mom
17 Feb 2010, 22:53
Topic: Placido Mancuso, son of Nick Mancuso and Rosa Selema
Replies: 1
Views: 2308

Re: Placido Mancuso, son of Nick Mancuso and Rosa Selema

Sorry, typo. the name is Placido Mancuso.
by band09mom
17 Feb 2010, 22:52
Topic: Placido Mancuso, son of Nick Mancuso and Rosa Selema
Replies: 1
Views: 2308

Placido Mancuso, son of Nick Mancuso and Rosa Selema

Does anyone have any information on a Placido Manucso. He was born in Italy around 1869. His father was Nick Mancuso and his mother was Rosa Selema. He migrated to the U.S. and lived in Iberville Parish in Louisiana. He passed away in 1937. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Gracie.
by band09mom
21 Jan 2010, 14:01
Topic: ANYONE OUT THERE READ ITALIAN?????????
Replies: 5
Views: 4413

Re: ANYONE OUT THERE READ ITALIAN?????????

Thanks so much for the information. I just wish I knew who the children were, but of course no one can help me with that. Thanks again.
by band09mom
20 Jan 2010, 20:38

Re: ANYONE OUT THERE READ ITALIAN?????????

Wow,
Thanks for the info. Now I'm more puzzled than ever.
Mary
by band09mom
20 Jan 2010, 19:32

ANYONE OUT THERE READ ITALIAN?????????

I found a picture of two children. The back of the photo has their names, but there is something written above their names in Italian. I was wondering if anyone could translate this for me. It is very hard for me to read their handwriting, but here goes: Ricorto tei juoi vipote That is a very rough ...
by band09mom
03 Nov 2009, 18:30
Topic: Surnames of Mancuso, Briganti, Baglio and Buehlle
Replies: 6
Views: 6072

Re: Surnames of Mancuso, Briganti, Baglio and Buehlle

Valarie, Thanks so much for the info. I have heard of the Family Center and do plan to visit it as soon as it reopens. It has been shut down since Hurricane Katrina and is scheduled to open January 2010. I am anxiously awaiting the reopening. Your info will help when I am finally able to visit the c...
by band09mom
03 Nov 2009, 16:15

Re: Surnames of Mancuso, Briganti, Baglio and Buehlle

Valarie, Yes, I would be happy to receive any info on how to conduct a search in Italy. I am at a dead end. Can't seem to locate any names that I can link to Biaggio Baglio and Antonina Mancuso. They had to have other relatives, but I can't seem to find them. It's very frustrating. Thanks to the oth...
by band09mom
05 Oct 2009, 17:08

Surnames of Mancuso, Briganti, Baglio and Buehlle

I am looking for anyone with information on the surnames of: Mancuso, Baglio, Briganti and Buehlle (not sure of spelling). They are all from Corleone I think. Antonina Mancuso was born in Corleone in 1883. She use to go to St. Rosalia Church in Corleone. Her mother was named Rosalia Buehlle and her...