Search found 48 matches

by LoisM
28 Sep 2010, 14:11
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: How much money have you spent?
Replies: 11
Views: 7370

Re: How much money have you spent?

I agree that free is thew best way too go. In my State of Michigan they charge you for lots of records $20.00, $15.00 etc... To request a look up at the State Archives it is $20.00 per request, to visit the library it is $10.00 to get it then it is open for 4 hours only. Detroit Public Library, $20....
by LoisM
28 Sep 2010, 13:37
Topic: "Italy, Catholic Church Records" new at FamilySear
Replies: 9
Views: 9756

Re: "Italy, Catholic Church Records" new at Family

Valerie...thanks so much!!

Now I have over 1860 records too look at...wait let me think, yes that is a good thing!!

But I maybe half blind and brain damaged by the time I am done!!!

I do appreciate your findings just making a joke!!! I needed the Palermo/Terassini ones!!
by LoisM
18 Sep 2010, 22:21

Family resources are the best no doubt there!! I just think that since the Genealogy fad has kicked in some places are charging a fee and just not doing the work and that sucks. Yes it takes years to do this, I am in it for the long haul....I accepted that along time ago!!! Good luck with your searc...
by LoisM
18 Sep 2010, 15:53

I agree the people on this web site are excellent in what they do! They have helped me more then I ever expected. And your right that lots of records are online now and that makes for easier research. I just think that people don't understand how much of an expense it can be and they should be ready...
by LoisM
18 Sep 2010, 15:08

How much money have you spent?

I don't think people understand how much Genealogy research costs. Between the the fee's (my state of Michigan charges you for every record) and Ancestry membership and now sending money to Sicily for records, this has become a bit expensive. I sent $15.00 to a Genealogy Society (which will remain n...
by LoisM
29 Aug 2010, 20:06
Topic: update Italian Civil Records at ancestry. com
Replies: 24
Views: 36234

Re: update Italian Civil Records at ancestry. com

in Sicily Palermo, Sicily, Italy, Birth Records Index, 1876-1885 (Letters A-Br) Quote:: Palermo is the largest port city in Sicily, Italy. This database allows researchers to search a portion of Palermo's birth records from 1876 to 1885. An individual can be searched by given name or surname or by f...
by LoisM
31 May 2010, 02:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Leo Favazza of Detroit (from Terrasini)
Replies: 3
Views: 3737

Re: Leo Favazza of Detroit (from Terrasini)

I will put on you on my name list and keep an eye out. I know I have come across the name Favazza but I can't remember in what context.

I will forward anything I find...

Take care,
Lois M
by LoisM
19 May 2010, 01:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Leo Favazza of Detroit (from Terrasini)
Replies: 3
Views: 3737

Re: Leo Favazza of Detroit (from Terrasini)

Hello, Have you check this site out http://www.downtosea.com/Genealogy/families/ffavazza.htm. It may have some info that can help. My family is from Terrasini as well. I am researching Militello/Bosco and the families were also in Detroit about the same time as your family members were. I will keep ...
by LoisM
08 Mar 2010, 17:37
Topic: Does this annoy anyone else?
Replies: 93
Views: 60993

Re: Does this annoy anyone else?

I kinda figured Ancestry would be in overload while this show is on. You know people will be copying and grabbing any info they can. That show made it look so damn easy....

Let the madness being!! LOLOLOLOL
by LoisM
08 Mar 2010, 17:34
Topic: Photo's 1890's
Replies: 33
Views: 18899

Re: Photo's 1890's

No matter how impoverished people were in family settings they always had the presence of mind to maintain their dignity fo baptisms, weddings, funerals and meeting with social superiors and authorities. This "politica" made the difference between being poor and being poor without social ...
by LoisM
02 Mar 2010, 22:32

Nuccia, I agree with your post. Some info is valuable no matter where you get it. My complaint is that when you ask someone on Ancestry if they would like to compare notes or share info the responses I have gotten have been less then friendly. I don't just ask people how and where they get the info ...
by LoisM
28 Feb 2010, 03:39
Topic: Do i give up ?
Replies: 39
Views: 29445

Re: Do i give up ?

BigVee,

Kick ass and take names....

You'll regret it if you don't

Lois M.
by LoisM
28 Feb 2010, 03:36

Just when you think you got it all figured out...

BAM!!! another mystery presents itself...lol

Makes life and the search even more exciting!

After all you could be alone collecting cats instead of old family photos if things were different.....

Lois M.
by LoisM
28 Feb 2010, 03:33

Squigy, There has been a show on PBS running for a few weeks now called "Faces of America" and it is about Genealogy. It is a well but together show...it shows all the work that goes into this. I think the show on NBC will be thrown together and make it look like a snap and those of us who...
by LoisM
27 Feb 2010, 14:20

Wine will loosen some tongues....lol You know you could take that picture to a local historical society and see if they can date the clothes or maybe they have pictures like it. And they can help with studio. Antique dealers too....maybe they have something. I am in the same boat. Got a picture of m...