by cdevita
07 Jul 2014, 18:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for siblings...
Replies: 2
Views: 886

Re: Looking for siblings...

Grazie!

I have a new family member and I will pass this onto her in Montemesola! Thank you again!

Cherylanne
by cdevita
04 Jul 2014, 20:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for siblings...
Views: 886

Looking for siblings...

WIth your help I have obtained my Italian citzenship for four years now. Recently I have been contacted through Facebook by a few extremely nice people asking if we are relatives. They still live in Italy. I have my great grandfathers birth certificate (Antonio Ciro DeVita) from Montemesola in Taran...
by cdevita
02 Sep 2011, 16:10
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Can someone please help to translate my request?
Views: 833

Re: Can someone please help to translate my request?

Thank you. As I wrote and read this I am not sure if it even makes sense in english. Please advise. :) Cherylanne Dear Mrs. Anna Neglia; My daughter and I recently became Italian citizens last year in July 2010. We now possess Italian passport. Our comune is Montemesola through jure sanguis. We file...
by cdevita
01 Sep 2011, 03:13
Topic: Can someone please help to translate my request?
Views: 833

Can someone please help to translate my request?

Here's what I have put together--I am new at this beautiful language to this degree. Italian was spoken in my home until I left New York 35 years ago! I am attempting to request a copy of my Montemesola birth certificate though my comune. My citizenship (and my daughter's) is new through Jure Sangui...
by cdevita
29 Aug 2011, 17:43
Topic: Trying to request a copy of my marriage certificate
Replies: 5
Views: 1612

Re: Trying to request a copy of my marriage certificate

Grazie...I cannot get the commune to respond to my emails. How can I find out if the marriage was recorded using the records sent by the Italian consulate in Los Angeles to Montemesola, Taranto?
by cdevita
20 Aug 2011, 16:07
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: I'm back!!
Views: 1376

Re: I'm back!!

Once again-I thank you for your assistance. You were very instrumental to helping me with my citizenship. I contacted Los Angeles yesterday but I know if may or may not even get back to me. It sounds like the "visa per ricongiungimento familiare" is the way to go for my husband, although, ...
by cdevita
20 Aug 2011, 00:27
Topic: Trying to request a copy of my marriage certificate
Views: 1612

Trying to request a copy of my marriage certificate

I am trying to move through the process of getting my mother and hubby their citizenship. My line was GGF-GF-F. Mom was married to my now deceased dad and my hubby to me obviously. The website for consolato los angeles says that in order to process their citizenships through marriage that I need to ...
by cdevita
20 Aug 2011, 00:20
Topic: I'm back!!
Views: 1376

I'm back!!

Hello everyone-I successfully completed the process for italian citizenship for myself and my daughter in july of last year. I was also diagnosed with breast cancer which slowed me down for a little while just before I began to start the process for my husband and my mother. I would love to relocate...
by cdevita
19 Mar 2011, 19:46
Topic: Short email request needed
Replies: 3
Views: 1144

Short email request needed

Can someone please help to write a short email request for me asking whether my commune received my citizenship documents for myself and my daughter from Los Angeles? Our citizenships were granted last July 2010, and passports received but I wish to request a copy of our Italian registered birth cer...
by cdevita
19 Mar 2011, 19:20
Topic: Timeline for Comune?
Replies: 22
Views: 4846

Re: Timeline for Comune?

Thank you both. Disappointing to say the least.

I would happily write an email to L'Ufficiale dello stato civile, but my Italian is not so good that I could feel comfortable about writing a formal request.

Thank you again.

DeVita
by cdevita
19 Mar 2011, 17:03
Topic: Timeline for Comune?
Replies: 22
Views: 4846

Timeline for Comune?

I received my citizenship and passport about 8 months ago but still have not yet heard from my Comune, Montemesola. Does anyone know approx how long it takes to get any docs from them or if any are coming at all?

Grazia
by cdevita
12 Jan 2011, 17:54
Topic: I don NOT wish to sound like a fifth grader!
Replies: 0
Views: 976

I don NOT wish to sound like a fifth grader!

I wish to write to my commune in Montemesola ( I have the address) and simply ask them if my paperwork has been received (received my citizenship in July 2010) and how long will it be before I receive anything from Montemesola? Normally I would attempt this myself, but when it comes to sending strai...