Search found 34 matches

by jessicarucco
16 Jan 2018, 00:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Has anyone had success locating baptism records in Avellino?
Replies: 3
Views: 868

Has anyone had success locating baptism records in Avellino?

Ciao everyone! After taking a 4 year hiatus from my research I am ready to get back at it (although it feels like I am starting from scratch). My goal is to find out if my GGM's baptismal record survived the big earthquake of 1980. Her birth record was destroyed and I am looking at an expensive and ...
by jessicarucco
23 Apr 2014, 20:32
Topic: Help with this Holy Card?
Replies: 1
Views: 623

Help with this Holy Card?

My Great Grandparents were from San Tammaro (Caserta) and my Dad just found this card in a box of my Grandfather's things. I am assuming that it could have been from my Great Grandfather's Father's (I'm sure I could have said that better!) funeral? Anyone know anything about these cards as far as if...
by jessicarucco
13 Jun 2013, 03:09
Topic: Does this death record state her parents name?
Replies: 2
Views: 1117

Does this death record state her parents name?

Hi Everyone :) I am wondering if this death record for Angela Rosa Bellone states the names of her parents? She was my 3rd Great Grandmother. I see it mentions her husband Antonio - but wondering if any of the other names mentioned are her parents? And also does that say that she was 40 something ye...
by jessicarucco
12 Jun 2013, 05:02
Topic: Am I translating this correctly?
Views: 1095

Re: Am I translating this correctly?

Thank you so much for your help! I figured out the discrepancy - I had Caterina's parents mixed up with one generation younger, but straightened it out. I clearly should have had more coffee today! :)
by jessicarucco
12 Jun 2013, 02:52
Topic: Am I translating this correctly?
Views: 1095

Am I translating this correctly?

Hi Everyone - I am hoping that someone can tell me if I am translating the record for Caterina Rucco correctly - here is the link: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1971-31980-4249-52?cc=2043630&wc=M9QR-RVC:n614845997 So here is what I came up with: She died on July 29th, 1909 at 11:15 He...
by jessicarucco
09 Jun 2013, 00:27
Topic: Translation for Birth Record
Views: 1217

Re: Translation for Birth Record

Thank you! :)
by jessicarucco
08 Jun 2013, 17:46
Topic: Translation for Birth Record
Views: 1217

Translation for Birth Record

Hi Everyone! :) I believe I finally found a birth record for my great grandfather! I am wondering if someone would be able to tell me if it says the age of either of Antonio's parents and his father's profession? Thanks so much! https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-31984-8678-26?cc=2043630&...
by jessicarucco
01 Jun 2013, 12:49
Topic: Online records for the city of Napoli?
Replies: 4
Views: 1724

Re: Online records for the city of Napoli?

Hi Suanj - I could definitely be reading his mother's maiden name incorrectly. I've attached a snippet of his marriage record. Italysearcher - I agree with you that I may need to hire someone to checkout all sections. What's interesting is I'm having a hard time finding ANY Ruccos on the registers. ...
by jessicarucco
01 Jun 2013, 00:28
Topic: Online records for the city of Napoli?
Replies: 4
Views: 1724

Online records for the city of Napoli?

For the last year I have been trying to locate a birth record for my GGF, Antonio Rucco. All of his documents, including work ID stated that he was born in the city of Naples. In the last year I have e-mailed and written to the Napoli comune 3+ times, and they have acknowledged receiving my request ...
by jessicarucco
31 May 2013, 21:05
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Records Destroyed
Replies: 12
Views: 4864

Re: Records Destroyed

Karen - thank yo so much for posting! That is really encouraging to hear, hopefully I will have a similar outcome! :)
by jessicarucco
30 May 2013, 23:23
Topic: How bad did Google translate butcher this?
Replies: 1
Views: 985

How bad did Google translate butcher this?

Hi everyone - I am trying to draft a letter to the Torella comune to see if they will either re-create my GGM's birth record or certify a photo copy of the one on microfilm as they informed me that all of their records were destroyed in an earthquake. Does this sound like a bad idea? Has anyone had ...
by jessicarucco
30 May 2013, 00:29
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Records Destroyed
Replies: 12
Views: 4864

Re: Records Destroyed

Just replying to say that I tried the e-mail address (curia) every day and finally today it worked, so we will see where that leads. Someone on a different site told me that a copy of her birth certificate may also be in the Avellino state archives in addition to the one that was lost at the comune ...
by jessicarucco
29 May 2013, 18:44
Topic: Help with handwritten Italian marriage certificate
Views: 897

Re: Help with handwritten Italian marriage certificate

Thank you so much, you are awesome!!!!!!!!!!
by jessicarucco
29 May 2013, 17:09
Topic: Help with handwritten Italian marriage certificate
Views: 897

Help with handwritten Italian marriage certificate

Hi everyone - I was thrilled this morning when I found my GGGP's marriage certificate - but I have no clue what information can be derived from it. It's completely handwritten so I am having a hard time spotting where I should be looking for the info. What I am wondering is: What does it say Rosaria...