Search found 1144 matches

by DeFilippis78
24 Jun 2011, 19:04
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Had my Philly appt today!
Replies: 28
Views: 9127

Re: Had my Philly appt today!

Im pretty much done. I sent an email to the consulate. She told me if I have any questions to contact her. So I did. I asked about the census I need to give. It says he naturalized but I have 6 records saying he didnt. They said everything needs to match or be corrected. They know damn well a census...
by DeFilippis78
17 Jun 2011, 17:28

Of course, you will do what you think is best, but I sure hate it when someone who is clearly qualified is forced to jump through hoops. Hang in there. :) This is what is making me angry. I have a solid direct line and several docs saying no naturalization. But the consulate wants to be concerned w...
by DeFilippis78
17 Jun 2011, 17:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need to find a death certificate in NJ
Replies: 8
Views: 3707

Re: Need to find a death certificate in NJ

DeFilippis78: you have 1900 census? It could be helpful for to know if Carmela was listed and the birthyear also; if you have it, and Carmela was alive, in this case she died after 1900 census... instead if in 1900 she is not, maybe she died at childbirth, around same death date of the son (25 Jun ...
by DeFilippis78
16 Jun 2011, 17:45
Topic: New laws putting a generation limit?
Replies: 43
Views: 11403

Re: New laws putting a generation limit?

Carmine, Jennabet seems to turn argumentative in every post...just sayin.Keyboard commandoes annoy me thoroughly and I WILL say so.
by DeFilippis78
16 Jun 2011, 17:09

Ok, well now I am discouraged. I can imagine your frustration. I would not be able to locate that much info but is sounds as tho the replies are encouraging and if you have the time and energy( oh and the $) go for it. I am planning on taking tiem off from work to pursue mine. Appears I have a lot ...
by DeFilippis78
16 Jun 2011, 17:07

I hope the grand-mother doesn't read this forum and learn that somebody suggested having her declared mentally incompetent, which in my opinion, is far worse than waiting for her to be deceased and maybe even illegal, since President Obama signed the Elder Justice Act last year. This is totally off...
by DeFilippis78
16 Jun 2011, 17:02

Re: Need to find a death certificate in NJ

Im not sure where they are buried. I know they died in Jersey City. The largest cemetery in JC is where my family is buried, but Carmela and the kids arent there
by DeFilippis78
15 Jun 2011, 22:27

The DC is from NJ. I initially requested the genealogical copy. I never got the certified copy because I believe the document is too old to amend and I didnt want to show it to the consulate with the wrong DOB. So I figured I wouldnt purchase it unless the consulate asked for it.I was hoping they wo...
by DeFilippis78
15 Jun 2011, 21:21

I think they will remember every detail! They wrote down a list of everything they wanted and put big circles around the items that are essential with big question marks! I have to double check with my mother but I believe I asked them if it would be best to apply alone.Im almost certain they said i...
by DeFilippis78
15 Jun 2011, 20:21

Need to find a death certificate in NJ

Im wondering if anyone here has access to NJ death records from the late 1800s into early 1900s. The person Im looking for was born Carmela Melchiorre.But her married surname would be Passaro. Also, she went by a nickname of Meluzza. She died in Jersey City NJ between 1898 and 1905. Anyone have acce...
by DeFilippis78
15 Jun 2011, 20:17

There is no way to establish residency anywhere else. Also, concerning my grandmother, they were not willing to waive seeing a photo ID. Thats a problem. As far as the death certificate for the first wife, Im hoping they would take a copy. Im sure I can somehow get a COPY of a death certificate (if ...
by DeFilippis78
15 Jun 2011, 15:22

I think they are being VERY difficult and want me to give up. When I left they told me they dont like to keep files open for long so I should work on it right away and contact them to get an appt to bring the documents in. SS records dont apply here because the documentation is from 1898-1918. He ma...
by DeFilippis78
14 Jun 2011, 23:03

Had my Philly appt today!

I had my appt today in Philly and am utterly disgusted.They were very nice and very professional but I walked away with a huge list of documents I need and there are so many that Im not even allowed to send them in but have to make a second appt. In my personal opinion they are documents that should...
by DeFilippis78
13 Jun 2011, 20:01
Topic: Appointment is this week!
Views: 2772

Re: Appointment is this week!

Hopefully that Jersey luck sticks with me! Congratulations!!!