Search found 44 matches

by cubsy2
03 Jul 2010, 18:18
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Moving in 1800's Italy-Panichella
Replies: 1
Views: 2016

Moving in 1800's Italy-Panichella

Hi. I was lucky enough to find my great grandmother's birth info in the town of Bonito. (Maria Arcangiola Panichella June 15 1876). The birth record of course lists her parents name. I found her mother's info. Her father's info and surname do not appear before my great grandmother's generation in Bo...
by cubsy2
27 May 2010, 00:05
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Naming Children Traditions
Replies: 21
Views: 20625

Re: Naming Children Traditions

My grandfather Luigi was born in 1896 and he was a second Luigi as the first one was born in 1892 and died 1893 at 17 months old..... i cannot find so far anyways, any Luigi ancestor they would have been named for. (his father was michele, his grandfather pasqale, his g grandfather michele) . also, ...
by cubsy2
09 May 2010, 00:46
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Handwriting of name in manifest not clear to me
Replies: 6
Views: 4131

Re: Handwriting of name in manifest not clear to me

Wow! that's a hard one...no wonder why you need help...

To me, the last name of the person at destination looks like Aniello....can't be certain...but that's what it looks like to me.

:)
by cubsy2
09 May 2010, 00:21
Topic: Letter from potential relative
Replies: 5
Views: 3808

Re: Letter from potential relative

Google Translate is awesome....
by cubsy2
09 May 2010, 00:21
Topic: Letter from potential relative
Replies: 5
Views: 3808

Re: Letter from potential relative

Italian to English translationShow romanization XXXXXXXX is President of Pro Travel site Deliceto, I was delivered the letter, a member of the Di Pasquale (in True, there are few who bear this surname) which shows a willingness to any known relatives. At the moment, regarding the information submitt...
by cubsy2
07 May 2010, 00:40
Topic: Letter Writing To Strangers...with hopes they are related.
Replies: 12
Views: 6401

Re: Letter Writing To Strangers...with hopes they are relate

Yes Peter....you did tell me that. I now believe you! Anyways....This person Antonio Guarino is the son of one of my grandfather's brother. He actually came over here in 1983 (when i was 19) and he spent some time with my Grampy. My grampy died 1989 at 1 month shy of 93. Also, I found out that i hav...
by cubsy2
06 May 2010, 09:17
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Surnames
Replies: 6
Views: 3645

Re: Looking for Surnames

I just wanted to say that I really found that video very helpful! I have referred to it a couple of times...before going to FHL for the first time and a few times after that....
by cubsy2
06 May 2010, 09:13
Topic: Letter Writing To Strangers...with hopes they are related.
Replies: 12
Views: 6401

Re: Letter Writing To Strangers...with hopes they are relate

UPDATE! I have found a few relatives! I am promised a letter in the mail about my Grampy's family....Already friended the people on Facebook. I didn't want to pressure my new found relatives and will be patient for the letter to come....Antonio Guarino looks similar to my grandfather...it's cool. an...
by cubsy2
25 Apr 2010, 18:40
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Where to get DNA testing
Replies: 15
Views: 10574

Re: Where to get DNA testing

Well, i went to ysearch.org....fairly easy to input data.... But i have a couple questions.... I have a 14 on Marker 19a, yet there is no 19a box (there is a 19b which i have as well)....i assume that i SHOULDN'T use the marker that is labeled 19/394 in the website. Also if i have a dash for my resu...
by cubsy2
25 Apr 2010, 17:50

Thanks scottshay...i googled some stuff but couldn't find where i could do this...............
by cubsy2
25 Apr 2010, 12:49

I supplied my male cousin a DNA test from Ancestry.com because i was more interested in my paternal side.... I basically only found out that I am R1b and that no "sub categories" were able to be provided.... The R1b group is called "The Artisans"....settled into what we call Spai...
by cubsy2
23 Apr 2010, 18:29
Topic: Greco/Grieco family from the Avellino province
Replies: 16
Views: 11906

Re: Greco/Greico family from the Avellino province

avitrees.com lists Grieco and Nutile as surnames from Taurasi, but not the other ones you listed....and for Lapio: none of the names you listed are there. HOWEVER....I had to add a few of my own surnames for a different town in Italy. . . . (meaning Avitree doesn't have all surnames listed). I am ha...
by cubsy2
17 Apr 2010, 12:27
Topic: What can i expect from FHL?
Replies: 41
Views: 22771

Re: What can i expect from FHL?

Is it normal to come across a small index of 15ish names that have no record either backwards or forwards on a reel? I came across this the other day...and one of the names on it is one i am investigating....it had a really high index number...but i couldn't find where the actual record was..... thi...