I can't even imagine what that must have been like
by Barone88
05 Oct 2015, 21:30
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Death Record Extract
Replies: 4
Views: 1814

Re: Death Record Extract

Wow Marcello that really is a story isn't it. Is Oreto a village? His wife is supposed to be Vincenza Barcellona who died in 1881 and she is listed as the widow of Ciro Barone on her death record. I am going to have to figure out what happened here.
by Barone88
05 Oct 2015, 17:27
Topic: Death Record Extract
Replies: 4
Views: 1814

Death Record Extract

I found this death record for Ciro Barone, it is not in the regular format and I am confused as to what the story is, he seems to not have the correct spouse? It is the right person I was looking for because it was included in the allegati for his son's marriage. I would appreciate any help in trans...
by Barone88
18 Sep 2015, 17:51
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Epidemic? 1860 Altavilla Milicia
Replies: 10
Views: 27370

Re: Epidemic? 1860 Altavilla Milicia

none of the deaths include a cause, I'm not sure of the parish records are available, I wasn't looking at any specific person, but thought it was odd that the average number of deaths was tripled that year
by Barone88
07 Sep 2015, 19:50
Topic: Marriage Bann Parents
Replies: 9
Views: 2734

Re: Marriage Bann Parents

Thank you so much for the reply , this will add two more generations to the family tree. But I am wondering then, the document is not listing who Catarina Lazzara's mother is?
by Barone88
04 Sep 2015, 22:05
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Epidemic? 1860 Altavilla Milicia
Replies: 10
Views: 27370

Epidemic? 1860 Altavilla Milicia

I am currently copying the deaths for 1860 for Altavilla Milicia, Sicily and I have never come across so many deaths in one year, most of them children, there is about 240 deaths for 1860 in this small town. Is there anyway to find out what was happening, it had to be a sickness of some sort? Thanks,
by Barone88
04 Sep 2015, 20:38

And the final page I can't understand is this; I want to make sure I have the correct parents of Catarina Lazzara, I see dead Antonio as her father and Giuseppa Giovenco? as her mother? Or is this another mention of her second husband Giuseppe Giovenco? and who does dead Mariano belong to? There is ...
by Barone88
04 Sep 2015, 20:33

I was hoping to find a death record for Pietro Barone, the father, in the marriage banns but I'm not seeing it, I am attaching a page that starts on the previous page with the date 1804 and continues with something about Pietro and the number 44?, could this be something about his death? It then con...
by Barone88
04 Sep 2015, 20:26

Thanks so much for the translation, I thought it said second something but I didnt have any other record of a second marriage for Catarina. This bann is from Altavilla Milicia, in Sicily. I am going to post three more parts of the document that I am having trouble with, the first part was of a bapti...
by Barone88
04 Sep 2015, 02:59

Marriage Bann Parents

This is a marriage bann for Matteo Barone and Vincenza Genualdi, I am having trouble with the mother of Matteo, I know that she is Catarina Lazzara and her husband Pietro is deceased. Its the part after the name of Pietro Barone and before where it says the moglie (wife) of Giuseppe Giovenco, does t...
by Barone88
13 Feb 2010, 18:31
Topic: marriage bann translation
Replies: 24
Views: 14211

Re: marriage bann translation

this is the fifth page, it appears to me to be a rehash of the previous information, but I am not sure, also does it say whether Ciro Barone was born in Altavilla? When I looked through some indexes for the town, there were not many Barone's so I wondered whether he was born there. http://i791.photo...
by Barone88
13 Feb 2010, 14:52

thank you again, that must cover the official records, I'll have to see what is next?
by Barone88
12 Feb 2010, 20:50

this is the fourth page, there is so much information in these marriage banns, but hard to understand

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy19 ... ebann4.jpg
by Barone88
12 Feb 2010, 16:25

aha, the story continues, I also thought the surname was Limbardo