Search found 17 matches

by italianstall10n
30 Jun 2011, 03:25
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Consulate Success-For the Record
Replies: 1
Views: 707

Consulate Success-For the Record

Hello, First and foremost I wanted to thank all of you here for the resources I found on this forum throughout my dual-citizenship process. I wanted to in a sense give back and write down my experience, as my family and I were accepted as dual-citizens today in Chicago! I can say everything was not ...
by italianstall10n
28 Jun 2011, 04:42
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Quick Auto-Declaration Translation
Replies: 0
Views: 457

Quick Auto-Declaration Translation

Hello, I have my dual-citizenship appointment Wednesday, and I am working on the auto-declaration due to a few minor discrepancies in the names. Thanks to "Corrado," I have the correct format and word usage. The reason I wanted to post it here and have someone that knows Italian or knows t...
by italianstall10n
26 Feb 2011, 19:58
Topic: Do they keep the documents? How long?
Replies: 2
Views: 1145

Do they keep the documents? How long?

Hello all, My fiance and I have an appointment for her dual-citizenship in June. My question is, other people in her family want to apply (ie cousins, uncles). Assuming they accept the application, my question is do they keep all the documents? If so, how long? We can produce two's of every document...
by italianstall10n
08 Aug 2010, 22:20
Topic: Chicago consulate?
Replies: 4
Views: 3591

Re: Chicago consulate?

Did you have any trouble getting the certified letter of explanation?
by italianstall10n
08 Aug 2010, 16:13
Topic: Chicago consulate?
Replies: 4
Views: 3591

Chicago consulate?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has applied for dual-citizenship through the Chicago Consulate, and if so, what you experiences were. I am having a bit of trouble with a few things they require, and was wondering if they actually check them. The first is my GGM birth certificate (she is not the anc...
by italianstall10n
06 Aug 2010, 16:15
Topic: Marriage License/Application?
Replies: 3
Views: 2474

Marriage License/Application?

For the requirements of the Chicago consulate, it reads: "If the marriage’s certificates lacks information such as dates and places of birth, you must also obtain a certified copy of the marriage application/licenses." That's kind of ironic, because cook county marriage certificates do n...
by italianstall10n
06 Aug 2010, 16:00
Topic: Birth certificate for genealogical purposes only?
Replies: 5
Views: 2773

Re: Birth certificate for genealogical purposes only?

Thanks a lot for the timely help. It is the long form so I should be in good shape. I have one more quick question.I am reading on the Chicago Consulate page the following requirement: 12) YOUR APPLICATION AND YOUR DECLARATION THAT YOU AND YOUR ASCENDANTS NEVER RENOUNCED ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP BEFORE A...
by italianstall10n
06 Aug 2010, 14:23

Re: Birth certificate for genealogical purposes only?

Cook County Clerks office, Chicago consulate. The thing is they actually could not even find the birth certificate, but later that day I found it online. It actually has the address of birth on it (the one online). Is this the long form?
by italianstall10n
06 Aug 2010, 13:19

Birth certificate for genealogical purposes only?

Hello, Yesterday I visited the county clerks office in my town and was told I cannot get a certified copy of my great-grandMOTHERS birth certificate. I already received the GGF's birth certificate from Italy, naturalization papers, and almost everything else, but apparently they only give out old re...
by italianstall10n
20 Apr 2010, 05:04
Topic: Petition for naturalization
Replies: 3
Views: 3378

Petition for naturalization

Hello, I have a question about the difference between the petition for naturalization and the actual naturalization date. If my grandfather was born before my great grandfather was officially naturalized, but after my great grandfather signed a petition for naturalization, am I still eligible for du...
by italianstall10n
09 Apr 2010, 17:08
Topic: "Neither you, nor your father, nor your grandfather...&
Replies: 7
Views: 6178

Re: "Neither you, nor your father, nor your grandfather

So my question then becomes, were soldiers in WWII fighting for the US required to renounce their right to Italian citizenship? Has anyone heard of any instances in which this is the case/ To be more detailed, lets say the GGF came over, naturalized AFTER the GF was born. Therefore, the GF would be ...
by italianstall10n
08 Apr 2010, 17:04
Topic: "Neither you, nor your father, nor your grandfather...&
Replies: 7
Views: 6178

"Neither you, nor your father, nor your grandfather...&

Under the qualifications for citizenship through blood, they all have a statement like that. I was wondering, other than naturalizing, what are other ways my father or grandfather could have officially renounced their right to Italian citizenship. Is serving in the the US armed forces one of the way...
by italianstall10n
07 Apr 2010, 22:08
Topic: Exceptions to Naturalization timeline
Replies: 13
Views: 9053

Re: Exceptions to Naturalization timeline

I believe his minor children would become citizens at the same time he did. There would be no impact that I am aware of for children older than the age of majority (18? 21?). There are folks at the ExpatsInItaly board ( http://expatsinitaly.com/phpbbforum/viewforum.php?f=2 ) who are really good at ...
by italianstall10n
07 Apr 2010, 19:41

I have another question. If my father did go the route of living in italy for three years in order to become a naturalized Italian dual citizen, would that pass to me or not? How would this help my fathers children become dual-citizens?
by italianstall10n
06 Apr 2010, 16:55

Johnnyonthespot-

You said that you can become naturalized in three years from the great grandparent ancestor line, but in the paragraph it says only up to the second degree. Wouldnt that mean I could only get it from my grandfather? and it would not go father back then that, to my grandfather?