Search found 35 matches

by mistertellyman
01 Jun 2017, 22:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta
Replies: 25
Views: 5190

Re: Looking for "Lauro" Family in Gaeta

Latest update: It has now been over two years since I submitted my application for Italian citizenship at the Miami Consulate and I have still not heard back regarding my application.
by mistertellyman
01 Sep 2016, 16:23

Pippo and Valerie, It has been a few years, but I finally got all of my papers together and set up an appointment with the Italian Consulate in Miami in May of 2015. The person at the Consulate who received my application was impressed that I had everything in order and said I should hear back with ...
by mistertellyman
01 Sep 2016, 16:08

Yes, the comune di Gaeta responded back to me and was able to provide my father's birth certificate. I am currently waiting to hear back fro the Italian Consulate in Miami regarding my application for citizenship. It has now been 15 months since I applied. :-(
by mistertellyman
30 Apr 2015, 05:31
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Cost of Application at Miami Consulate
Replies: 0
Views: 2198

Cost of Application at Miami Consulate

Does anyone know the current cost to apply for Italian Dual Citizenship at the Miami Consulate? Also does it have to be in the form of a money order or is cash an option? I have tried to call them about this and have sent emails to them, but so far, no response. I have looked on their website and ha...
by mistertellyman
30 Apr 2015, 04:44
Topic: Cost of Application at Miami Consulate
Replies: 2
Views: 693

Cost of Application at Miami Consulate

Does anyone know the current cost to apply for Italian Dual Citizenship at the Miami Consulate? Also does it have to be in the form of a money order or is cash an option? I have tried to call them about this and have sent emails to them, but so far, no response. I have looked on their website and ha...
by mistertellyman
10 Oct 2013, 04:19
Topic: Documents Needed for Dual Citizenship Application?
Replies: 10
Views: 3943

Re: Documents Needed for Dual Citizenship Application?

Here is the email address of the official office in Gaeta to write to regarding birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc.:

statocivile@comune.gaeta.lt.it

Good luck!
by mistertellyman
10 Aug 2013, 03:11

Yes, you should be able to get an official naturalization document from the U.S. Just google what you are looking for and you will find sites like this one: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/n-565.pdf As far as the birth certificate from Salerno, you have to write to the commune where your grandfather...
by mistertellyman
08 Aug 2013, 04:52

Okay, on the Italian Consulate of Miami website, it does state that you need official documents, not xeroxed copies of birth, marriage, etc. certificates from Italy. The consulate will not accept copies of these records. Also, I finally paid the $2.49/minute charge (it only takes about five minutes)...
by mistertellyman
02 Aug 2013, 01:12

Good point, Jennabet. I also sent an email to the consulate for clarification. If they respond, I will be sure to post it for others to read.
by mistertellyman
01 Aug 2013, 22:04

The problem is, if you don't provide the proper documents, they will not process your application. So I'm just trying to determine if these copies will suffice.
by mistertellyman
01 Aug 2013, 20:43

Documents Needed for Dual Citizenship Application?

I have acquired a copy of my father's birth certificate from the comune in Gaeta, Italy where he was born. They sent me a xerox copy. Does anyone know if this will be acceptable or if an official (i.e. more formal) copy is needed when applying for dual citizenship? I will be applying at the Italian ...
by mistertellyman
17 Aug 2012, 04:05
Topic: Cost of Birth Certificates from Italy?
Views: 5030

Re: Cost of Birth Certificates from Italy?

I appreciate everyone's input. I actually sent two letters in the past couple of years and heard nothing. That's why I wanted to send something certified. I think I'll wait until September and send another letter.

Grazie, all!
by mistertellyman
16 Aug 2012, 19:04

Roberta,
Did you send your snail mail request via certified mail? That's what I intend to do just so I know it gets delivered. Here's hoping that I hear back positively from the Comnune di Gaeta!

Blessings,
Bob
by mistertellyman
15 Aug 2012, 16:00

Thanks so much for the input! Since I am pursuing dual citizenship and the documents I seek must have an apostille (official seal), will the certificates automatically come that way or should I specifically ask for the apostille?

Thanks again for helping this newbie out!

Bob