Search found 47 matches

by jackdaisy
30 Jan 2017, 19:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ
Replies: 13
Views: 6677

Re: Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ

Sorry, but there is no apparent connection I can see at this time. The main family I was researching was Francesco Gratobene with a sister Rosa. Rosa married Antonio Calabrese (b Lioni-16 Nov 1886) in NJ, USA. Antonio Calabrese's father was Angelo Calabrese b circa 1848 in Lioni, married Angela Fine...
by jackdaisy
30 Dec 2013, 04:12

Karen, Thank you for your post. I will keep the information on your family. When I received the obit of Angelina Calabrese Costabile from Suanj I made numerous efforts to contact the family without any success. The funeral home forwarded a letter to the family for me but wouldn't give me any address...
by jackdaisy
13 Jul 2013, 16:36
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
Replies: 45
Views: 25639

Re: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT

Hi Jimmy. I used the following address to send a request for records: Ufficio di Stato Civile Via F. DiDonato 16 84020 Castelnuovo di Conza, SA Italy I wrote a request for a record and never received a reply so several months later I sent another letter and never received a reply. It turned out that...
by jackdaisy
25 Jun 2013, 02:23
Topic: Italian immigration from South America to USA
Replies: 6
Views: 2126

Re: Italian immigration from South America to USA

Going by Train. That is a good thought. You got me interested and I looked at Argentina and Brazil on Wikipedia. That must have been some ride in those days. The Argentina listing showed connections between adjacent countries in modern times I assume. But the interesting part of the articles for me ...
by jackdaisy
23 Jun 2013, 04:30
Topic: Italian immigration from South America to USA
Replies: 6
Views: 2126

Re: Italian immigration from South America to USA

Could he have sailed from Argentina to Brazil to pick up a ship to New York? Are there any records available for you to check this out? If he did sail up to Brazil you have a tough job researching because you don't know when he sailed. Or is it possible that ship started in Argentina, stopped in Bra...
by jackdaisy
09 Jun 2013, 17:30

Sandra, thank you for your reply. At this point I don't see a connection but I will keep a record of the information you listed. Antonio Calabrese came from Lioni, Italy. His wife Rosa Gratobene also came from Lioni. I haven't come across any names in my research that connect with the names you ment...
by jackdaisy
09 Jun 2013, 17:23

Hi Suanj, Last night I started to prepare a letter I intend to mail to Calabrese people mentioned in the obit in NJ. This is a good suggestion you made. I have done it before but forgot about it. Otherwise I think we have done as much as we can for now. Family members always thought that his wife kn...
by jackdaisy
09 Jun 2013, 02:45

Good idea suanj I didn't think of doing that. Years ago when I first started on my family I connected with descendants of a sister of my great-grandfather. They sent me a picture of my Father and three of his siblings when my Dad was abt 10 years old.
I'll let you know what I learn.

Jack
by jackdaisy
08 Jun 2013, 20:31

Suanj, thank you for the obituary. It certainly contains a lot of family information and helps fill out the family as I know it. I appreciate your help. I have gathered the genealogy we have researched on Frank Gratobene and I am printing it out for the family. I haven't found any solid connection b...
by jackdaisy
25 May 2013, 20:34

Suanj and Caren, I have not received notifications of your posts after I replied on 21 May to Caren's post so I have some catching up to do and I will look over the information you posted and get back to you soon. In the mean time I am going to check my personal information and try and find out why ...
by jackdaisy
22 May 2013, 03:44

Caren, Thanks very much for the information however my connection to Sibilia proved wrong. I was researching a man named Frank/Francesco but the surname was uncertain. The marriage record for him showed Frank Siballo. That name goes nowhere. To add to the problem after he had 6 children he left his ...
by jackdaisy
09 Apr 2013, 23:28
Topic: Vito and Cecilia Bagarozza
Replies: 3
Views: 1554

Re: Vito and Cecilia Bagarozza

Sean, I have found out some information since your last post in Oct 2012. As I stated previously a Frank Bagarozza married in Newark NJ in 1918 a sister from the family I worked on, Josephine Colonna. Recently a relative told me that he had a brother in Australia but that is all she knows. She said ...
by jackdaisy
16 Mar 2013, 20:05

Cavallo, Calabrese Gratobene in Lioni, AV Also NJ

Looking for anybody that is interested in any of the following people: Felice Fortunato Gratobene born 1847 in Lioni, Avellino to Rosa Cavallo, father unknown. No Parents names are known for Rosa Cavallo born circa 1800-1810. Court assigned the surname Gratobene to Felice Fortunato. He married Amata...
by jackdaisy
30 Sep 2012, 03:40
Topic: Vito and Cecilia Bagarozza
Replies: 3
Views: 1554

Re: Vito and Cecilia Bagarozza

Sean, your post is very interesting to me. I have information on the Bagharozza family that might be connected to yours. This is the first time I have been on this site in over a week so I didn't read the post until today. I have been researching a family in Castelnuovo di Conza for over a year. A F...
by jackdaisy
03 May 2012, 18:33
Topic: Colonna and Ricci families in New Jersey
Replies: 2
Views: 1172

Re: Colonna and Ricci families in New Jersey

Laura, Thanks for looking up the two births for me. I also found them on familysearch. I sent to the New Jersey State Archives for a copy of both records. An interesting thing happened when the two records came to me. 1. the child born 2 May 1894 on their record was born 2 May 1895. The record didn'...