Search found 10 matches

by censcore
14 Jun 2011, 00:41
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Giunta family
Replies: 16
Views: 11370

Re: Giunta family

Thank you all. Yes, I've beena way for a year but have been working. Have found the Giuntas to 1778, the Pullaras/os to 1815. The earliest date I have for a part of the family is 1772--but have others identified earlier than that. Am planning a trip to Sicily in Sept. Has anyone been to Santo Stefan...
by censcore
19 Jun 2010, 22:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Vincenzo v Charles
Replies: 2
Views: 2674

Vincenzo v Charles

Why are Italian men named and baptized Vincenzo (var. forms) called Charles or Charlie during their lives. Ive noticed this not only in my family's records but in others as well--generations of men.
by censcore
13 Apr 2010, 10:40

Grazie. I'LL KEEP PURSUING JOE JUNTA--HAVE A COUSIN WHO IS OLD ENUF TO REMEMBER GRANDPA PAOLO. NEXT, HOW WOULD I GET TO RECORDS FROM SANTO STEFANO ONLINE? IF THEY ARE ONLINE.
by censcore
13 Apr 2010, 06:38

re: Rosa Filocco mentioned above w Rosaria Giunta--at the top of the next page of the manuscript are Ina and Salvatore Greco. Roasaria and the Grecos were all going to LA. Paolo Giunta was cousins with a joe greco and stayed with them in LA. Is it possible that Rosa traveled with them--parents alrea...
by censcore
12 Apr 2010, 21:38

this is all family stuff i know, but thnx. The obits are of various aunts, uncles and cousins. We're still not any closer to finding how/when and where Paolo Giunta and his family arrived in the US and then to pueblo. OR if Rosa was born in LA--or to stretch in another direction---if Paolo and Conce...
by censcore
12 Apr 2010, 17:27

concetta's maiden name may have been Servachio. Noticed that this Junda family lived on Beech street where other members of the family lived in 1930. let me outline for you... Paolo Giunta imm. to the US </= 1900--w/ or w/o wife Concetta and daughter Rosa-b.1891. believed to be in Pueblo Co by 1900 ...
by censcore
12 Apr 2010, 10:48

Josephine was Rosa Giunta's younger sister living with her because their mother died in 1908. Rosa Giunta Pullaro was my grandmother, she married Ignazio Sam Pullaro in 1906. He's another mystery! This 1920 record is my father's family, all of whom i've known, and is correct with the exception of ch...
by censcore
12 Apr 2010, 02:57

Re: Giunta---also found a Concetta GUInta and son arrived NY 25 Nov. 1907, ship- Republic. Manifest indicates she was detained, "dispositon" ___? unreadable__lost. record also indicates "to meet husband". I have not checked Ellis IS records yet.
by censcore
12 Apr 2010, 02:46

Per family oral history Congetta, Paolo and their daughter Rose-assumed- arrived in New Orleans and lived in Napoleonville for some unknown time. Paolo was born abt. 1967 in Sicily. Concetta died in Pueblo, Colorado as did Paolo/Paul. Rose's place of birth is also in question, it may have been Sicil...
by censcore
11 Apr 2010, 20:20

Giunta family

looking for data prior to 1920 Census regarding the Paolo Giunta family from St Stefano di Quesquina, Agrigento, Sicily. Wife's name Concetta-d.1908, Daughter-Rose. Disembarked/lived in Napoleonville, LA until travel to Pueblo, Colorado. 3 more children born in Pueblo. name mispelled to GIUnta, Junt...