Search found 9 matches

by liguorij
05 Oct 2010, 15:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Liguori form San Demetrio Corone
Replies: 21
Views: 10112

Re: Liguori form San Demetrio Corone

An update: Masterchef, the grandson of my grandfather's brother Nicola, has gone gangbusters and found and made contact with descendants of the 3 sisters and 1 brother that remained in San Demetrio. We are in the very ealry stages of planning a family reunion. Thanks for all your help.
by liguorij
08 May 2010, 19:42

I am beginning to wonder if Grandpa flew under the radar. He applied for a passport in 1929, but I can't access that. Looks like he was naturlaized in 1915 but cannot find a record of that. Any thoughts on finding the the naturilization application? Those forms have a lot of info on them. He would h...
by liguorij
08 May 2010, 19:13

This might be the one. He had a brother Alberto, and a brother named Frank in brooklyn.

Thans so much, I will keep digging.
by liguorij
08 May 2010, 18:50

misbris - I believe he was refered to as Giacomo. I have tried James, Giacomo, and Vincenzo for immigration year 1900 +-1 with no luck. Two census record list him as coming in 1900, with a birth date of 1883 or 1881. I know he would up failry quickly in in Groton CT.
by liguorij
08 May 2010, 18:47

This is Grandma and grandpa, along with members of her family (quatrocci). Never knwe they made a trip back to italy.

Thanks!!!
by liguorij
08 May 2010, 14:23

Possible. Multiple docs list his date as 1900, but the age would be right and Frank lived in brooklyn. I will check with my Aunt and see if he was ever reffered to as Vincenzo.

Thanks!!!!!!!
by liguorij
08 May 2010, 12:47

Thank You Maestra and Tessa; I have seen a couple of different documents on James (SSDI, Census) that list conflicting dates of birth. As near as I can tell he arrived in NY 1900, but I have been unable to find his passenger list. There is one document that could be the one, but the paper is damaged...
by liguorij
07 May 2010, 20:56

Liguori form San Demetrio Corone

Guisseppe A and Maria G Liguori; Children: James (approx birth 1883, emigrated to NY approx 1900, moved to Groton, CT) Elvira Elena Guisseppe Nicola (emigrated to Poughkeepsie area) Francesco (Frank, emigrated to Brooklyn) Alberto James married Luise Buanno in Groton, the daughter of Emanuel and Mar...
by liguorij
07 May 2010, 20:46
Topic: Need help with research in Calabria
Replies: 6
Views: 7489

Re: Need help with research in Calabria

My Grandfather James (Giacomo) Liguori was born in San Demetrio Corone Calabria approx 1883 to Guiseppe and Maria Liguori. He had several brothers and sisters including an Elana. He emigrated to New York approx 1900, and Married Louise Buanno in Groton CT, the moved to Long Beach NY. This might be t...