by mariafrancesca
11 May 2010, 23:13
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Visiting Vicoli in Abruzzo and Ciccano (near Rome) next week
Replies: 7
Views: 6622

Re: Visiting Vicoli in Abruzzo and Ciccano (near Rome) next

Hi,
yes, my cousin just told me that it is indeed the one. I only "met" her online last week. :)

thanks again!
Maria
by mariafrancesca
11 May 2010, 17:45

Re: Visiting Vicoli in Abruzzo and Ciccano (near Rome) next

Hi again Johnny! Thanks for all your info. You know, the town my great aunt referred to as Ciccano was supposedly located about 40 miles from Rome. So, I'd say there is a good chance that she didn't know how to spell it correctly- don't you think? I'll check with my cousins and see if they know anyt...
by mariafrancesca
11 May 2010, 17:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Will be in Italy May 15- looking for info on Rocca's
Replies: 3
Views: 2596

Re: Will be in Italy May 15- looking for info on Rocca'

Johnny- thanks for checking that for me. I had heard the Falsani's "died out" because they mainly had girls, but perhaps that's not the case! I'm usually game for things, so I will try knocking on a couple of doors. Thanks! PS: which telephone site do you use? could you send me the website...
by mariafrancesca
11 May 2010, 13:53

Visiting Vicoli in Abruzzo and Ciccano (near Rome) next week

I'll arrive Saturday afternoon (May 15th) in Rome, and will head to Abruzzo to see birthplace of my grandfather Filippo Rocca. Will also visit the town of Ciccano where my great grandfather Federico Rocca was born. Does anyone have any information on these towns? I have located Vicoli, but am not su...
by mariafrancesca
11 May 2010, 13:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Will be in Italy May 15- looking for info on Rocca's
Replies: 3
Views: 2596

Will be in Italy May 15- looking for info on Rocca's

Hi, I'm new here, and new to genealogy searching. Heading to Abruzzo to see the town of Vicoli where grandpa Filippo Rocca was born in 1900. Also will visit Ciccano, where great grandfather Federico Rocca was born. Looking for any info on remaining Rocca family in Italy. My great grandmother was Bet...