Search found 31 matches

by zsnyder
22 Aug 2013, 20:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Help - Correcting Birth Certificate in PA
Replies: 54
Views: 24125

Re: Help - Correcting Birth Certificate in PA

Scott, I went through the same process awhile back. I filed everything myself in Philadelphia court from San Francisco. Philly has switched to electronic filing so it's relatively painless. I've written up a post about the process on anther forum so take a look and see if it helps you at all. I seri...
by zsnyder
21 Aug 2013, 20:57
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Anyone find some stories that were passed down are lies?
Replies: 2
Views: 2124

Re: Anyone find some stories that were passed down are lies?

While my grandfather didn't outright lie, he did tend to embellish his stories. When I was a small boy he told me that his father was a gangster and ran a speakeasy out of his house in the late 1920's. One night he and another man got into an argument and his father pulled a pistol and shot the pers...
by zsnyder
27 Aug 2012, 20:20
Topic: Chicago Consulate based on S.F. file
Views: 1673

Re: Chicago Consulate based on S.F. file

I'm not familiar with the process at the Chicago consulate but my mother is applying in Philadelphia and using documents I submitted in San Francisco.

You will want to contact San Francisco and have them send "Copie Conforme" to Chicago.

I believe the charge is $10 per page.
by zsnyder
26 Mar 2012, 19:35
Topic: San Francisco appointment recap
Replies: 3
Views: 1550

Re: San Francisco appointment recap

The only spelling errors that needed attention were those on my grandfathers birth certificate. I ended up having to get a court order for the corrections. I'm not sure if I posted that process on these boards or not but it is posted here . My great grandmothers birth certificate was a challenge. Sh...
by zsnyder
24 Feb 2012, 23:41
Topic: Success in SF
Replies: 4
Views: 1652

Re: Success in SF

He said that there had been mistakes in the past (issuing letters of citizenship) and it would be better to wait a couple months than have someone come looking for a wrongly issued passport. I don't foresee myself taking a trip out of country until the Fall at the earliest so I don't think it's a bi...
by zsnyder
18 Feb 2012, 03:55
Topic: Success in SF
Replies: 4
Views: 1652

Success in SF

Came home to find my letter in the mail. It says that I can apply for a passport now but Mr. Cei said to wait a couple months for the comune to enter the information. Six weeks after my appointment and a bit over two years from start to finish. Now to help my mother out her paperwork for Philly. Tha...
by zsnyder
02 Feb 2012, 19:19
Topic: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?
Replies: 41
Views: 15168

Re: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?

Do I really need to file a lawsuit against my dead ancestor to do that? That sounds so ridiculous, and kind of disrespectful. But if thats what it takes.... Why he said this is beyond me and simply not true. When you need to correct a document you file against the department that issued the origina...
by zsnyder
01 Feb 2012, 23:20
Topic: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?
Replies: 41
Views: 15168

Re: COURT ORDER OR LETTER FROM JUDGE?

Hello I know this post is a bit old, but I am also running into the same problem, the consulate (philadelphia) told me I need a 'letter from the courts' which sounds ridiculously ambiguous to me. Can anyone help clarify how to go about these court orders/letter/affidavits? What document(s) did they...
by zsnyder
05 Jan 2012, 21:17
Topic: San Francisco appointment recap
Replies: 3
Views: 1550

San Francisco appointment recap

I had my appointment with Mr. Cei yesterday morning at the San Francisco Consulate. I’m applying via my great grandfather, grandfather and mother. I was 15 minutes early so I spent the time sitting in the waiting area that felt more like a bank than a reception area of a country. I guess I was expec...
by zsnyder
25 Oct 2011, 21:44
Topic: Correcting deceased persons BC in PA
Replies: 0
Views: 634

Correcting deceased persons BC in PA

With the help of the amazing jschotz I submitted my case in early September to the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia to have my deceased grandfathers birth certificate amended due to numerous errors. The case was accepted and the Division of Vital Records responded to the summons that they will ...
by zsnyder
01 Oct 2011, 20:39
Topic: Got USCIS Response. How do I write letter to USCIS? Thanks
Views: 2885

Re: Got USCIS Response. How do I write letter to USCIS? Than

Here's my response to the same letter: Subject: Certificate of Non-Existence Please send me a certificate of non-existence for the immigrant listed in the enclosed letter. The case reference number is GEN-XXXXXXXX. Because this certificate of non-existence is being used as part of an application for...
by zsnyder
05 May 2011, 20:57
Topic: Documentation from PA
Replies: 7
Views: 2233

Re: Documentation from PA

I don't recall cheating when ordering the form. I do recall an agent calling a week or so after I had placed the order as she couldn't find him in the system (I only had the year of death and location). We discussed the issue for a bit and she still couldn't find him. However the certificate arrived...
by zsnyder
05 May 2011, 20:18
Topic: Documentation from PA
Replies: 7
Views: 2233

Re: Documentation from PA

I had no problems ordering a copy of my great grandfather's death certificate from PA.

I used http://www.vitalchek.com/ rather than mailing a request form.
by zsnyder
15 Apr 2011, 22:48
Topic: BC correction of deceased person - PA.
Replies: 6
Views: 2321

Re: BC correction of deceased person - PA.

I will soon make my application for citezenship via my grandfather but need to find out if anybody knows sombody or company that can review all my documents and package before making a appointment at a consulate, one item of concern is the certificate of naturalization I have the petition for natur...
by zsnyder
15 Apr 2011, 22:30
Topic: BC correction of deceased person - PA.
Replies: 6
Views: 2321

Re: BC correction of deceased person - PA.

Thanks, Carboni. This is the information I needed to put myself at ease. There was very informative post by jschotz a couple years back that I had saved for future reference. When the board updated the link broke but I found it again: http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=115...