Search found 22 matches

by leej
19 Nov 2013, 19:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Do Italians read this site?
Replies: 5
Views: 1808

Re: Do Italians read this site?

I use it daily to enhance my research and once in a while I find information that fits directly into my tree. Lee
by leej
31 Oct 2013, 16:43
Topic: Info on Francesco Mangini(Mancini)
Replies: 8
Views: 2970

Re: Info on Francesco Mangini(Mancini)

The Nicola Guerra refereed to is my grand father. I have vital records from Minturno for both Francesco and Civita. Francesco, son of Giuseppe and Rosa D'Amato, was born in PULCHERINI, a frizone of then Traetto, now Minturno April 2, 1875. Married Civita Zenzillo (notice spelling of last name, my do...
by leej
22 Oct 2013, 21:43
Topic: widen search Guerra & Zenzillo families
Replies: 1
Views: 975

widen search Guerra & Zenzillo families

I would like to find the parents of the following relatives to establish kinship. They all lived in Minturno, Italy, and immigrated to the USA to meet up with their UNCLE/BROTHER IN LAW, Nicola Guerra. I have written to Minturno but it takes them so loooong to reply. FILIPPO ZENZILLO born 1877-1879 ...
by leej
12 Sep 2013, 17:59
Topic: Vittoria Parisi/Pacini/Paccini birth/marriage
Replies: 2
Views: 1137

Re: Vittoria Parisi/Pacini/Paccini birth/marriage

Thank you Tessa. I have Raffaele's death record, he died in Fossombrone. I am interested in getting data on Vittoria as all I have is her name. I will try writing to Saint'Ippolitto. Thanks Lee
by leej
12 Sep 2013, 01:24
Topic: Vittoria Parisi/Pacini/Paccini birth/marriage
Replies: 2
Views: 1137

Vittoria Parisi/Pacini/Paccini birth/marriage

Received information that my gg grandmother Vittoria Parisi/Pacini/Paccini, was born in Sorbolongo a hamlet dependent on Saint'Ippolito. She married Raffele Guerra about 1855 based on the birth of the eldest child Nicola. Raffele died in 1871 at 64 years and is survived by Vittoria and children, put...
by leej
31 Aug 2013, 21:35
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: need help finding a town
Replies: 6
Views: 12535

Re: need help finding a town

Another possibility is CICCIANO in the province of Naples, 30km northeast of Naples. Lee
by leej
02 Aug 2013, 23:46
Topic: Guerra Ancestory
Views: 2473

Re: Guerra Ancestory

Tessa
Thank you again. I will try the churches. For some reason the Church of the Cathedral seems familar. It was mentioned in one of my documents, I will have to locate the file to refresh my memory.
Lee
by leej
02 Aug 2013, 20:37

Marty Thank you for your fine advice. Unfortunately, a trip to Italy is not a viable option at this time. I do not have any relatives, that I know about, that fall within the 1862-1865 time period. I will try writing to the churches and see what comes back. Can you recommend a researcher in Italy???...
by leej
01 Aug 2013, 23:46

Tessa Thank you for your quick response. I tried Family Search but could not find anything. Guess I did it wrong. Any suggestions on how to widen my search other than writing the churches??
I heard the churches do not respond very often Lee
by leej
01 Aug 2013, 21:12

Guerra Ancestory

I would like help to determine if the following information is correct. I received this information thru e-mails from a researcher but they neglected to provide any reference to specific documents. I have only been able to verify my grandfathers birth (Nicola Guerra 1855 Fossombrone) so this informa...
by leej
18 Jul 2013, 22:56
Topic: Military Records
Replies: 9
Views: 4046

Re: Military Records

Marty, PippoM and Sabino
Grazie per la collaborazione. Devo usare Google per tradurre tra italiano e inglese. Spero che le mie comunicazioni sono venuti thru tutto bene. Lee
by leej
17 Jul 2013, 23:22

Sabino
Sto inviando lettere per vedere se ci sono record militari per la famiglia Guerra, tutti nati a Fossombrone. Luigi 1777, Raffaele 1807, e nicola 1855. Grazie Lee
by leej
16 Jul 2013, 20:59

Marty
I have prepared my letters. Is the address for Fossombrone correct, Pescara in lieu of Pesaro???? How many individual requests is it prudent to send at one time. Thanks again for your help Lee
by leej
15 Jul 2013, 16:13

Thank you Marty. I will follow your advise and hope for the best Lee
by leej
14 Jul 2013, 22:50

Military Records

I would like to find any military records for ancestors born in the 1800's. I am interested in GUERRA'S from Fossombrone, BRUNO'S from Sessa Aurunca, DI RUSSO'S from Minturno & Formia and LIMATOLA'S from Cicciano, Naples. How/what is the proper address for each of these towns???? Is there a form...