Search found 363 matches

by ForzaItaliaPgh
03 May 2021, 12:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pistoia Roadblock
Replies: 2
Views: 479

Re: Pistoia Roadblock

Since the mother Ida Lippi is from Pistoia (recorded on Gino's birth record) you can probably find their marriage there. The problem is that these records are restricted to LDS research centers, many of which are closed right now. From this info you can also tell that the paternal grandfather Anton...
by ForzaItaliaPgh
03 May 2021, 03:31
Topic: Pistoia Roadblock
Views: 479

Pistoia Roadblock

Ciao tutti, My search has floundered with my Great Grandfather’s records, although I have the names of his parents and grandfathers. Our family is from Lucca, or at least that’s where my GGF was born. It seems like his father may have moved from Pistoia. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can...
by ForzaItaliaPgh
21 Apr 2021, 18:32
Topic: Typical Research Prices
Replies: 5
Views: 1334

Re: Typical Research Prices

Thanks!
by ForzaItaliaPgh
20 Apr 2021, 17:31

Re: Typical Research Prices

Thanks Tony!
by ForzaItaliaPgh
20 Apr 2021, 13:28

Typical Research Prices

Ciao tutti,

I’ve hit a wall in my research and am looking at getting an on-site genealogist to research records in Pistoia. Does anyone know the approximate price something like this would be? Grazie!
by ForzaItaliaPgh
15 Dec 2016, 16:19
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Do Apostilles need translated?
Replies: 1
Views: 844

Do Apostilles need translated?

I asked this over at the Italian citizenship board, but, as I didn't receive a response, I thought maybe I posted it in the wrong place.

I'm registering my daughter for AIRE. I have everything, but I didn't get the Apostille translated.

Anyone know???

Grazie mille!
by ForzaItaliaPgh
13 Dec 2016, 02:10
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Apostille Translation Needed?
Replies: 1
Views: 1778

Apostille Translation Needed?

Ciao tutti. I've had another child since I gained dual-citizenship a few years ago. I've got all the documents together and have got an apostille for the birth cert. I have the birth cert. translated, but I don't know if I need to get the apostille translated also. If it matters, the consulate is Mi...
by ForzaItaliaPgh
30 Nov 2016, 16:08
Topic: Help w/ checking a couple lines of translation from BC
Replies: 3
Views: 1256

Re: Help w/ checking a couple lines of translation from BC

Ciao LivioMoreno. Thanks! Could you please explain to me why "Parent's Name" would be translated "Cognome"? I'm not sure I understand. I think the birth cert (which is new) is trying to be "politically correct" and not assume that the biological mother and father will b...
by ForzaItaliaPgh
29 Nov 2016, 21:40
Topic: Help w/ checking a couple lines of translation from BC
Replies: 3
Views: 1256

Help w/ checking a couple lines of translation from BC

Ciao tutti, I think I've got most of my daughter's BC translated correctly but I'm having some trouble on a couple lines. Time of birth --- Il Tempo di Nascita Place of birth --- Luogo di Nascita (or should that be Posto di Nascita ) State File Number --- N. dell'archiviazione di Stato And then the ...
by ForzaItaliaPgh
30 Sep 2016, 18:25
Topic: Tuscany Professional Researcher
Replies: 0
Views: 1275

Tuscany Professional Researcher

Ciao tutti, I've been stalled on my research for quite some time. I started with my GGF's Italian birth certificate. I was able, with the help of someone in Lucca (the city of my GGF's birth) to get a hold of his baptismal record (15 Aug 1897). This record lists my GGF's parents as "Leopoldo fu...
by ForzaItaliaPgh
09 Jun 2015, 05:19
Topic: Help Translating a Letter to a Church Record Office
Views: 1281

Help Translating a Letter to a Church Record Office

I've worked up an email to an archdiocesan office in an attempt to see if they have any records on my family (my genealogical search has hit a roadblock for some time now which I think they can unblock :D ) I've done my best to translate it into Italian, but as I'm still learning the language, I'd a...
by ForzaItaliaPgh
27 Mar 2015, 17:59
Topic: Help with a Short Letter to a Consulate in Italian
Replies: 6
Views: 1890

Re: Help with a Short Letter to a Consulate in Italian

(As my Italian might not be entirely correct, please allow me to offer this message also in English): My family and I recently moved into your jurisdiction. We were granted Italian Citizenship (jure sanguinis) in 2012 through the Philadelphia consulate. I know I will need to fill out a form and subm...