Search found 12 matches

by lalique21
20 Aug 2010, 16:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Gesualdo, Avellino
Replies: 26
Views: 18784

Re: Gesualdo, Avellino

I believe that you are correct, because I never knew that there was another brother, Carmine. I only knew my grandmother Pasquelina, grandfather Carmine Barbaro died when I was 3 years old and I knew her brother Vincent, my uncle Jim we would call him, his wife Jennie, we would call her and their 6 ...
by lalique21
20 Aug 2010, 16:02

Yes, Carmine Barbaro 13 Dec 1887 of 28 Marconi Place was my grandmother pasqulina's 2nd husband. I called Holy Cross Cemetery just a few minutes ago and found out that Carmine, my grandmothers husband is buried there. He passed away on August 20, 1946 (today would be his anniversary (how strange is ...
by lalique21
20 Aug 2010, 14:56

I received today's message and links. Thank you.

I really need to go to Holy Cross Cemetery and see if Carmine is laid to rest there and the dates of birth and death.

I will notify you if I'm successful.

Thank you, again for all your assistance. I will let you know what I find. :D
by lalique21
20 Aug 2010, 01:40

Do not know the name Folmcci. Was it not spelled correctly? Because other info seems correct. I remember my father saying that his grandfather worked for the railroad. I know for sure that his grandfather Forgione is buried at Holy Cross Cemetery in Brooklyn. NY My father told me that as a young boy...
by lalique21
20 Aug 2010, 00:15

I didn't know that Vincenzo went back to Italy. His petition for naturalization sounds correct. His wife was Giovanni and was born in Frigento. At the time they had three children, Angela, Giovanni, Lina. later in NY they had two more children Louis and Frances. Even his witnesses names sound famili...
by lalique21
19 Aug 2010, 22:47

Amazing, amazing, I'm having such a great day because of all the information you have found. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful at feels.
I hope you can find Carmine also. Just great. Thanks again and again.
by lalique21
19 Aug 2010, 22:32

OK Now that makes sense. Because Pasquelina first husband's name was CEGLIO. All three children had the last name of CEGLIO. At some point CEGLIO either died or went back to Italy to fight in the war. (WE were always told, never to return or died there). Later she married Barbaro. Pasquelina died in...
by lalique21
19 Aug 2010, 21:30

Yes, yes, my grandmothre was Pasquelina Barbaro (correct spelling is BARBARO) her children were Mary, Michelina and Dominico. Us grandchildren were always told that she remarried and her name became pasquelina CEGLIO. Her three children took the last name of CEGLIO after she remarried. We were also ...
by lalique21
19 Aug 2010, 21:08

Oh my goodness. Yes, Pasquelina was married to Barbaro. Yes, they lived in Ny, in Brooklyn. This is wonderful! I will be looking forward to more information. Thank you, this is great. I'm so happy.
by lalique21
19 Aug 2010, 19:49

I believe you have located my grandmother Pasqueline Forgione and her brother Vincenzo. The address also could be correct, because later they purchased a house very close by on Marconi Place, Brooklyn. Any other information you have would be so very much appreciated. Thank you so very very much.
by lalique21
19 Aug 2010, 19:48

I believe you have located my grandmother Pasqueline Forgione and her brother Vincenzo. The address also could be correct, because later they purchased a house very close by on Marconi Place, Brooklyn. Any other information you have would be so very much appreciated. Thank you so very very much.
by lalique21
19 Aug 2010, 18:12

Gesualdo, Avellino

Looking for information on Forgione, from Gesualdo, Avellino, naples, Italy.

My grandmother was Pasquelina Forgione, her brother was Vincent, they came to America about 1880's-1900's

Any in information would be greatly appreciated. Please Help!. Thank you