Search found 7 matches

by pslreale
01 Mar 2011, 04:13
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Was He Naturalized?
Replies: 7
Views: 3310

Re: Was He Naturalized?

Thanks for your help everyone. I've placed an order..and now I wait..:) Thanks so much for your help...but I have one more question..:) My paternal great grandfather is also from Italy, and I'm wondering if it would be possible to gain citizenship from him. However, I don't know where he would have ...
by pslreale
24 Feb 2011, 19:06

Thanks for finding this piece of information. I asked a relative & it turns out that he served in the US Navy during that time. So, that means that he WAS naturalized...yes? :)
by pslreale
24 Feb 2011, 18:12

Thanks for your response & that link. I'll send it off & see what they come up with in 4 months! Yes, my mother was born in 1958, so I'm ok there..:) Here is the information of my great grandfather - Name: Paolo Cisternino (AKA Paul Cisterino, Paul Cisternino, Paolo Cisterino) year of Birth:...
by pslreale
24 Feb 2011, 18:00
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Eggs cooked in tomato sauce.
Replies: 32
Views: 29889

Re: Eggs cooked in tomato sauce.

johnnyonthespot wrote:I have to add my understanding that serving meatballs with pasta is probably an American invention.
Absolutely...ask for spaghetti and meatballs in Italy and they'll look at you like you're gross..:)
by pslreale
24 Feb 2011, 16:09

Was He Naturalized?

My GGF emigrated to the US from Italy, and I would like to gain dual citizenship in this manner ---> GGF - GM - Mother - Me The problem lies in whether he naturalized or not. I located a certificate of intent to nationalize on June 8, 1917 -- in Suffolk county. He only lived in Suffolk County, so I ...
by pslreale
23 Feb 2011, 22:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Seeking Information On Agosta Family
Replies: 2
Views: 2157

Re: Seeking Information On Agosta Family

Thanks so much for the detailed response!!!! It has helped me greatly.
by pslreale
20 Aug 2010, 18:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Seeking Information On Agosta Family
Replies: 2
Views: 2157

Seeking Information On Agosta Family

I have traced my great grandfather's heritage to San Vito Lo Capo, Sicily via the Ellis Island records. However, it seems that I am unable to find information after that. I'd like to know if my great grandfather had any brothers, uncles, etc. Also, I don't know his mother's name. Is there a resource...