Search found 133 matches

by JavaisLife
11 May 2011, 05:30
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: HELP ME!! consulate needs court letter!!!
Replies: 16
Views: 4172

Re: HELP ME!! consulate needs court letter!!!

ps - I wrote to you again as a PM, but I want to keep this information in this thread incase others run into the same problem. ... "However, (I just thought of this now) since the NARA (National Archives) has an office in NYC. You can go to the National Archives on Varik street. The National Ar...
by JavaisLife
11 May 2011, 05:20

I PMed you Michael Quinn's address and the USCIS e-mail address w/ phone number. Write to them and request a letter - and photocopy and send along all of your supporting documentation (including a photocopy of a letter from the Consulate). E-mail the consulate the additional documents, as well as dr...
by JavaisLife
11 May 2011, 04:27

"all I have is a positive negative letter from the commune. I also have a letter from kennith cobb saying the correct dates. If I do need a letter from a court judge what do I do ? help me please!!!" Did you give the consulate these two other documents with your application - and then they...
by JavaisLife
04 May 2011, 22:20
Topic: Looking for your stories.
Replies: 0
Views: 557

Looking for your stories.

Hi All, I'm interested in interviewing a few people in their dual citizenship process. Those that are still in the process, those waiting to hear - and others that have completed the process. I'm looking to collection motivational stories. What your motivation was, or currently is. How perhaps it ha...
by JavaisLife
02 May 2011, 22:05
Topic: Need Mother's B.C.?
Replies: 15
Views: 3005

Re: Need Mother's B.C.?

I just applied in Sept. I did not need my father's birth certificate, nor was I asked. I was asked for my GGM birth certificate - which was not in the direct line. I didn't have it - it ended up being okay. Can you bring in a "no record" letter - I did bring that w/ me. You should be fine....
by JavaisLife
27 Apr 2011, 20:38
Topic: Correcting Father's 1910 BC
Views: 3989

Re: Correcting Father's 1910 BC

I have met w/ Ms Toombs. She corrected a birth and death certificate for me. You're going to have to go through the process of an amendment of the Birth Certificate. It's about 3 month process. If the consulate gave you a letter, you can go w/ that requesting that the amended document is being reque...
by JavaisLife
27 Apr 2011, 17:50
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Contemporary Poets
Replies: 0
Views: 605

Contemporary Poets

Hi All,

I'm looking to read some contemporary Italian poets. I'm open to your favorite suggestions.

I really love the work of Neruda, César Vallejo ...

Thank you,
Marie
by JavaisLife
27 Apr 2011, 16:31
Topic: NYC - Acceptance Letter Arrived -4/25/11
Replies: 19
Views: 6942

Re: NYC - Acceptance Letter Arrived -4/25/11

Thanks everyone!!! @Kontessa - you are correct, I was planning a trip to Italy this summer to study Italian and visit friends. However, I may want to change things up a bit, now that I'm able to do more in EU than before. :) I really want to thank everyone on this board for all of their help and sup...
by JavaisLife
27 Apr 2011, 16:27
Topic: Correcting Father's 1910 BC
Views: 3989

Re: Correcting Father's 1910 BC

The 1910 is from Vital Records? ... hmph. I was able to get many of those documents changed. However, it was easier for me for my mother was alive and I filled out the forms and had her make the corrections for both her mother and father. This was done only a few months ago. You can also get a certi...
by JavaisLife
25 Apr 2011, 20:24
Topic: NYC - Acceptance Letter Arrived -4/25/11
Replies: 19
Views: 6942

NYC - Acceptance Letter Arrived -4/25/11

Hi Everyone, I was so excited I posted this in the wrong section. .... ha! I first want to thank everyone so much for all the help that I received on this forum. My journey was def. a long one. 4 years in total. I AM SO HAPPY TO BE FINALLY WRITING AN ACCEPTANCE POST!!!!!! My first appointment was in...
by JavaisLife
25 Apr 2011, 20:23
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: NYC - Acceptance Letter Arrived -4/25/10
Replies: 1
Views: 721

NYC - Acceptance Letter Arrived -4/25/10

Hi Everyone, I first want to thank everyone so much for all the help that I received on this forum. My journey was def. a long one. 4 years in total. I AM SO HAPPY TO BE FINALLY WRITING AN ACCEPTANCE POST!!!!!! :lol: :mrgreen: :D My first appointment was in Sept: http://www.italiangenealogy.com/foru...
by JavaisLife
30 Mar 2011, 21:45
Topic: question for all
Replies: 6
Views: 2064

Re: question for all

Yup, that is an option too - your father can ask to have his BC amended. I think that would work for you.

Good luck!
Marie
by JavaisLife
30 Mar 2011, 20:03

You can just give the certificate (that's what I did) my case still pending though. Even though your father think's his name is Michael Mariano - whatever is on your fathers birth certificate is his official name. I have multiple names on my birth certificate. Even though I go by Marie, by official ...
by JavaisLife
30 Mar 2011, 16:51

Hi Mark, It depends on which consulate, and how they are feeling on that day ... when it comes to what they will or will not let slide. I am unsure of Los Angeles, but I believe that they will request your fathers name be the same on all documents from Italy down to your birth. Especially if you are...
by JavaisLife
28 Mar 2011, 19:40
Topic: will the commune respond and how long will it take?
Replies: 37
Views: 8355

Re: will the commune respond and how long will it take?

Monkey - I just called the Consulate for an update. I wanted to make sure they received the documents I dropped off. It's okay to call, if you have a reason too.

Marie