Search found 29 matches

by nickintexas
31 Jan 2014, 18:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: requesting family records
Replies: 27
Views: 21975

Re: requesting family records

Hiya! Hope all is well for you. I've been AWOL for quite a while also concentrating on other stuff. Sadly, we haven't been able to swing the trip to Italy .......yet. We have spent quite a lot of time on trips up to Milford & Boston over the last several years tho. Other than the winters, we lov...
by nickintexas
29 Feb 2012, 16:22
Topic: Question About Italian Naming Patterns
Replies: 21
Views: 5545

Re: Question About Italian Naming Patterns

Of course there are always exceptions and variations...but the pattern Maddalena said is pretty common. It is also the cause of confusion sometimes :lol: just like your two Giuseppe's. My GGF was Carmine. Both of Carmine's sons named their first-born sons Carmine....etc....after a while you have to ...
by nickintexas
03 Feb 2011, 13:12
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: seeking info on albanian decendants into italy
Replies: 8
Views: 8342

Re: seeking info on albanian decendants into italy

I figured someone would have replied by now...I'm interested as well... (although I've got 3 or 4 centuries of Italian records to go through before I can find my family's link back to Albania!) I recognize a few of the surnames in your list. Frate, in particular is a regular that shows up in a lot o...
by nickintexas
08 Dec 2010, 19:31
Topic: Visiting Italian towns - reception?
Replies: 18
Views: 8282

Re: Visiting Italian towns - reception?

Ahhhh! ---big difference in location! :lol:
by nickintexas
07 Dec 2010, 16:43
Topic: Visiting Italian towns - reception?
Replies: 18
Views: 8282

Re: Visiting Italian towns - reception?

juanminbar wrote:when i arrived in casalvecchio
When did you get to go? Any of the surnames below familiar?
by nickintexas
22 Nov 2010, 13:33
Topic: Missing link
Replies: 13
Views: 4719

Re: Missing link

Michele is my GF. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/tnzka/Family%20History/DSC_0109.jpg We just traveled to Mass. and spent time with my Aunt Toni (she's the eldest child listed in that 1930 census). What a memory she has! I got so much info from her 8) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/tn...
by nickintexas
19 Nov 2010, 19:53

No, my understanding is the they never came to the USA.
I can find all sorts of info on the FamilySearch "Italy- marriages, births & baptisms 1809-1900...except for these two people :roll:
by nickintexas
19 Nov 2010, 17:32

Yes, I've found that marriage document in the Massachusetts records.

No, I haven't seen in manifests....did you find some?

Thanks
by nickintexas
19 Nov 2010, 15:35

Missing link

I've found a wealth of info pre/post this generation...just can't quite make a connection. Any help is greatly appreciated. Known: Carmine Andreola + Filomena Simone had Giovanni (March 27 1883) Michele (Aug. 6 1888) Antoinetta (unk) Giuseppina (unk) All in Casalvecchio Di Puglia (Foggia) Assuming C...
by nickintexas
17 Nov 2010, 18:13
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: "Italy, Catholic Church Records" new at FamilySear
Replies: 9
Views: 9756

Re: "Italy, Catholic Church Records" new at Family

Thanks!--I found a lot of info just in the "1809-1900 Italy Marriages" tab......now just to figure out what's relevant & what's not :lol:
by nickintexas
05 Nov 2010, 14:03
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: La Spezia - Traveling there soon, need advice
Replies: 8
Views: 4125

Re: La Spezia - Traveling there soon, need advice

I Hope you had a chance to wander around the Cinque Terre area while visiting La Spezia!
by nickintexas
29 Oct 2010, 17:50
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Does ayone else find this emotionally draining?
Replies: 23
Views: 15232

Re: Does ayone else find this emotionally draining?

I find some of the info I've dug up pretty sad as well. The hernia operation I had a couple of years ago (@age 51) that had me back at work after 3 days is what killed my GF in his mid-50's. (my father always told us it was a heart attack :roll: ) I learned that my GF first came to the US when he wa...
by nickintexas
20 Sep 2010, 18:53
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: How much money have you spent?
Replies: 11
Views: 7370

Re: How much money have you spent?

I guess I'm fortunate that my family appears to all originate from one central locus. With them being a minority population, Arbereshe, it also appears that they stayed relatively 'tight' within their kindred. The big expense is going to be traveling to this 'hometown'...and truth be told, it's a va...
by nickintexas
16 Sep 2010, 12:07
Topic: requesting family records
Replies: 27
Views: 21975

Re: requesting family records

I guess the next thing to try to figure out is if they were from the town or from the province of Foggia. Casalvecchio Di Puglia, for instance, is in the province of Foggia and sometimes the immigration records show one or the other (or both :lol: ). If you could figure out a way to find out the tow...
by nickintexas
13 Sep 2010, 15:56
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: "fu" in matrimonio annotation
Replies: 4
Views: 3426

Re: "fu" in matrimonio annotation

Saw the topic title & it piqued my curiousity...this is what I found: fu: short for figlio (figlia) del fu: son (daughter) of the who-was-in-life. For example, Giovanni Valente fu Nicola: Giovanni Valente, son of the now deceased Nicola Valente. (Fu is the third- person singular, simple past ten...