Search found 13 matches

by bobbi1261
13 Feb 2014, 04:13
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for info on Prato
Replies: 40
Views: 23483

Re: Looking for info on Prato

Hi John, I was so glad to see your post. I intended to reply earlier but have been very busy. From what you said above it would appear that we are 3rd cousins. My Great Grandfather Enrico Giuseppe (Henry Joseph) and your Great Grandfather were brothers. My Grandfather Nicholas James Prato was Enrico...
by bobbi1261
01 Sep 2010, 02:41

nuccia wrote:It doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps you can email me the article and I can link it for you?
Nuccia,
I sent the articles to you e-mail. I have to figure out how to download files or images here. Computers are not my strong suit
by bobbi1261
01 Sep 2010, 01:23

[quote="nuccia"] We're a team here - when we work together we can accomplish much! :) Becki - wow! What a story. I would love to see that newspaper article! Now, if I am not mistaken, the two sons had slightly different first names. Enrico Giuseppe and Errico Felice I'm attaching the news ...
by bobbi1261
01 Sep 2010, 00:32

More about Errico Felice (or could be Errigo... I need to find the birth act to confirm) -- looks like Domenico went back to Ardore to pick a wife for Felix. On Oct 12, 1920, Domenico, along with his wife, Maria Rosa and son Trento Antonio traveled to the USA with Maria Rosa CHIRICOSTA daughter of ...
by bobbi1261
31 Aug 2010, 23:43

Hi Bobbi. My ancestors are all from Ardore. My great-great-grandmother was Maria Prato' (the 2 or 3 certificates that I've seen with this name seem to have an accent on the "o"). I haven't done too much research on this branch, but I know that she married Saverio Nobile (born c1804). The ...
by bobbi1261
31 Aug 2010, 23:23

Sheffield..... Sheffield is another term associated with Aliquippa. There are all kinds of Sheffields ... Sheffield Terrace (a housing area), Sheffield Avenue, and probably others. Wonder if Sheffield was a town later merged with Aliquippa like Woodlawn was. Is it possible that Prato became Pratte?...
by bobbi1261
30 Aug 2010, 20:43

Now, again with the information you all provided I can hopefully start to find some roots in Italy. I am simply amazed in less then 48 hours you both have provided me with more info then I have been able to dig up in a year. I cannot thank you enough!!!!! I have been able to trace my other 3 grandpa...
by bobbi1261
30 Aug 2010, 20:36

Suanj and Nuccia, I cannot thank you both enough, the information you provided tied up the disjointed information I already had and I now have a complete picture of what happened after my great grandmothers death. I was not aware that my great grandfather and great great uncle were both Enricos... E...
by bobbi1261
30 Aug 2010, 02:10

nuccia I would love to exchange information with you, even though I don't know how much help I would be to you. My great grandfather Enrico Giuseppe's (Henry Joseph) was supposedly from Ardore. His father was Vincenzo Prato. Vincenzo according to family lore came to the U.S. during Lincolns presiden...
by bobbi1261
30 Aug 2010, 01:40

I would like to thank everyone for their kind assistance so far. Suanj the info about the ship is wonderful and I am following up on that now. The Fred you mentioned is my Great great uncle. My father confirmed that he had a great uncle Fred in PA that was a photographer. I am able to track the fami...
by bobbi1261
28 Aug 2010, 03:59

Yes they lived in western Pa. They owned a farm and either a boarding house or took in boarders in Woodlawn, Beaver County.
by bobbi1261
28 Aug 2010, 02:15

Looking for info on Prato

Hi, I am trying to find info on my grandfathers family. My great grandfather Joseph Prato was born in Ardore, Italy about 1883. He came to the U.S. between 1900 and 1909. His wife was Katherine (catherine, catarina) she died in 1917 and Joseph was probably her second husband. They had 6 children tog...