Search found 43 matches

by lbernard3
22 Sep 2014, 14:43
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help With Death Record
Replies: 5
Views: 1429

Re: Help With Death Record

Thank you Livio. You are correct, I understand what the death record is and why it is in Part II. I was looking for help with the translation. I appreciate your help, especially with the Davis, W. Va. part.

Do you know why it would say Johnstown and then Davis, W. Va.?

Thank you-
Lou
by lbernard3
22 Sep 2014, 03:51
Topic: Help With Death Record
Replies: 5
Views: 1429

Help With Death Record

Hello- I am having trouble with this death record. Here is a little background. 1) Here is the source info: Year : 1898/ Part II No.4 Source Information Ancestry.com. Potenza, Basilicata, Italy, Civil Registration Records, 1861-1938 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., ...
by lbernard3
19 Jul 2011, 13:25
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Discorde in the Family
Replies: 11
Views: 6428

Re: Discorde in the Family

Thank you all for responding. But I still must be not asking the right question. I believe Rosaria, the mother of the groom, may have left the family in Italy and moved to the USA a few years before the marriage. So she wasn't there for the wedding/signing of the papers. But what I can't get answere...
by lbernard3
07 Jul 2011, 21:26
Topic: Need Help with Marriage Records Translations
Replies: 9
Views: 2556

Re: Need Help with Marriage Records Translations

Marty- They both came to live to the US in 1901. Their first child was born in 1903. I don't know if anyone was born before that in Italy. Here is what I am hypothesizing: Both Donato and Maria came to the US in 1901 and on the manifest they said they were going to see an Uncle Filippo. In the 1910 ...
by lbernard3
07 Jul 2011, 17:45

Thank you for your help in translating the document. My mistake was reading "sua" as "fua" "Not sure about the spelling of Rosa Vanero??" Her name was Rosa Vomero. It says the Rosaria was not present. Do you know how common this was? Is there anyway to tell why? Specifi...
by lbernard3
07 Jul 2011, 15:55

Here is the orig. document. I think you are right-that it is a "s" instead of a "f". Take a look and see what you think. Thanks.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9407 ... azione.jpg
by lbernard3
07 Jul 2011, 14:36

Marty- Thank you for responding. Since I have no understanding of the Italian language, the context and syntax is beyond me. I read in an Italian genealogy book that the use of "fua" before the parent's name meant that they were deceased. Is this not always the case? I was wondering about ...
by lbernard3
07 Jul 2011, 14:30

Thank you for your response. I am sorry to say that I have no comprehension of the Italian language. Any translating I am doing is through this forum or through Google translate. I read in an Italian genealogy book that the use of "fua" before the parent's name meant that they were decease...
by lbernard3
06 Jul 2011, 13:08

Well, if you just want to know what it means in Italian...yes, that's it. It means that she did not agree (probably, about the marriage) @Pippo-Could you please explain your answer better? I know that sometimes, in today's world, we say things in a certain way to cover up the real meaning of what w...
by lbernard3
06 Jul 2011, 01:23

Discorde in the Family

The below quote was written at the bottom of my g-grandparents Pubblicazione di Matrimonio. "e dichiarato che per essere in ciò discorde la moglie fua Rosaria Robilotta non e qui comparsa" Rosaria was his mother. I am wondering what "discorde" meant on a 1901 wedding announcement...
by lbernard3
05 Jul 2011, 21:11

Below is what I have transcribed so far. I am not sure that I have all of the words correctly. It comes from the first link (the Pubblicazione) the first link in the preceding post. It appears that is says there is some "discorde" with the mother (Rosaria) of the groom. What does this mean...
by lbernard3
02 Jul 2011, 03:47

If you have an Ancestry.com account, below are the URLs for the complete records. I don't know if you will need to see the whole record in order to understand the context of the notes at the bottoms of the records. Their names were/are Donato Bernardo and Mariantonia Robilotta. http://search.ancestr...
by lbernard3
01 Jul 2011, 06:00

Need Help with Marriage Records Translations

Hi- Recently I have discovered that my g-grandfather's mother (Rosaria Robilotta) might have come to the States before he was married. Possibly even leaving her husband in Italy. I went back to my ggf's marriage record to try and find something to confirm this. I think I have found something at the ...
by lbernard3
29 Jun 2011, 17:34
Topic: Requesting Translation for Birth Record Surname: Orientale
Replies: 23
Views: 6258

Re: Requesting Translation for Birth Record Surname: Orienta

Tricia- I just wanted to add to this line of responses that I was researching a member of my family that was an abandoned child, too. Some of the same people who helped you, helped me translate and solve the puzzle. But even more interesting in your translation it mentions: Witnesses were Eduardo Ma...