Search found 523 matches

by sceaminmonkey
27 Aug 2017, 04:05
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Mary aka Marianna Caiazzo
Replies: 9
Views: 4099

Re: Mary aka Marianna Caiazzo

it may be! I don't know who she was traveling with but thats so cool thank you! I saw so many mary caiazzo's at ellis island and M Caiazzo's I didn't know it was a popular neapolitan last name.
by sceaminmonkey
25 Aug 2017, 23:50
Topic: Intention to naturalize disqualify?
Replies: 1
Views: 1508

Intention to naturalize disqualify?

Found out my finance's ancestor signed his decloration of intention to naturalize in 1921 and the ancestor was naturalized in 1928 and the grandfather was born 1923 5 years after does she not qualify? will a consular official pick this apart ? ggf signs intent 1921 gf born in 1923 ggf naturalizes 1928
by sceaminmonkey
23 Aug 2017, 21:55

I am trying to find her marriage records. I believe it should be in Bethlehem PA around 1916 or 1915. I am kind of lost on where to look. I am getting that they should be at the local court house but they told me no and didnt offer much help? any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
by sceaminmonkey
21 Aug 2017, 01:14
Topic: question regarding jure sanguinis
Replies: 19
Views: 7635

Re: question regarding jure sanguinis

The assumption for many of these laws is that most people were aware of them at the time which is why the discriminatory 1948 law is still affecting people. It is unfair considering no one probably went over and told women you lose your citizenship because you fell in love and got married to a forei...
by sceaminmonkey
21 Aug 2017, 00:57

wow thanks so much. No surprise the name is different. I have never seen this variation on the last name before! thank you!
by sceaminmonkey
18 Aug 2017, 05:27
Topic: Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:
Replies: 14
Views: 4550

Re: Petition for Naturalization in 1903, but listed as PA in 1920 :shock:

https://www.uscis.gov/history-and-genealogy/genealogy/searching-index. Could always do an index search and see what they say . Unless it was a local or county court. Census is riddled with errors for early days. Usually other non native english speakers going around asking questions door to door to ...
by sceaminmonkey
18 Aug 2017, 05:25

Tessa to answer your question I believe they were married in PA because most of their kids were born there.
by sceaminmonkey
18 Aug 2017, 05:24

Biff what you posted is her husband. George Papaccioli is the husband. This is the wife so If what you meant was covering same ground as in me reposting the same info than thank you. Otherwise Mary Caiazzo is not discussed in either of those topics you reposted
by sceaminmonkey
13 Aug 2017, 06:51
Topic: Healthcare for newly recognized citizens outside Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 1501

Re: Healthcare for newly recognized citizens outside Italy

what about mental health services what are those like? out of curiosity?
by sceaminmonkey
13 Aug 2017, 06:44
Topic: non existance letter.
Replies: 1
Views: 1673

Re: non existance letter.

will they reject it even if the census says NA but you get the letter from USCIS?
by sceaminmonkey
13 Aug 2017, 04:45

Mary aka Marianna Caiazzo

I am looking for the birth place of mary or marianna caiazzo born september 26 1889. I have searched high and low and paid for an index search with USCIS who found nothing. All I could find is her death certificate here in NYC. I believe she arrived in PA and I know she married George/giorgio Papacc...
by sceaminmonkey
07 Aug 2017, 05:19
Topic: WAIT TIME IN NYC FOR APPOINTMENT
Replies: 7
Views: 4162

Re: WAIT TIME IN NYC FOR APPOINTMENT

I am scared there will be a residence requirment. Like the Netherlands will take it away if you dont live within the kingdom of the netherlands for 10 yrs. is there a good english newspaper that covers italian topics and news?
by sceaminmonkey
07 Aug 2017, 01:23

To be honest I am more worried they are doing this because they think the laws might be changing. ITs 300 euro now which to me seems reasonable since its time consuming and we dont pay taxes abroad which amerca even does but, I am worried they are going to recognize all these people and drop them. I...
by sceaminmonkey
07 Aug 2017, 00:45

oh wow. Ok I understandably could not believe it. does that mean there are more hoops to jump through? have they made it more difficult? to my knowledge I was one of the first people to ever actually get a court to declare somone one and the same. Have they created new challenges ?
by sceaminmonkey
06 Aug 2017, 11:52

WAIT TIME IN NYC FOR APPOINTMENT

sorry if this is a waste of space but I see now you can make appointments online for NYC. They are within 10 weeks? I just wanted to be sure this is correct and you dont have to wait a year or more for an appointment anymore.