Search found 12 matches

by timjolin
02 Feb 2012, 21:03
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Citizenship via marriage
Replies: 0
Views: 639

Citizenship via marriage

I'm looking for any help from someone who might have gone through a similar situation. I have received confirmation of my own Italian citizenship and have my passport in hand. My wife would like to apply through me and we have obtained the necessary documents from Italy. When we asked for an appoint...
by timjolin
13 Oct 2011, 23:53
Topic: Moving to Italy
Replies: 1
Views: 600

Moving to Italy

I have just received notification that my Italian citizenship has been recognized. Next step is to get my passport. My family and I plan to move to Europe now that we have the right to live and work (my daughter is an Italian citizen now too and my wife must apply for residency wherever we end up). ...
by timjolin
13 Oct 2011, 23:46
Topic: Success in San Francisco - Mail in
Replies: 1
Views: 546

Success in San Francisco - Mail in

Thank you to everyone who helped with my questions throughout this process. I received an email from the consulate in SF last week saying that my documents were in order and that barring any unforeseen problems, I will receive a confirmation letter in 2-5 months. I began seeking to claim my Italian ...
by timjolin
13 Sep 2011, 22:12
Topic: Applying with a minor
Replies: 5
Views: 1639

Applying with a minor

Hi, I'm wrapping up my citizenship quest and am about to send off my application (mail in at the San Fran consulate). I've looked for details about applying with a minor child and haven't found much. My question is whether or not I must fill out a separate application for my minor child or just incl...
by timjolin
17 Sep 2010, 00:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for information on Bartolomeo Mangini from Torriglia
Replies: 15
Views: 6589

Re: Looking for information on Bartolomeo Mangini from Torri

The writing is difficult to read but the town is Torriglia. Amabile's is Propata. All of this information aligns with my request already made to these towns. If I failed to include the parent names in my request would that stop them from filling it?
by timjolin
16 Sep 2010, 20:55

Thank you for the reply. No, this is a different person. This is the Ellis Island info I found on him and it is confirmed by my grandmother. The dates would place his birthday around 1887 but I have his naturalization certificate which lists his birth date as 12 April, 1885. First Name: Bartolomeo L...
by timjolin
16 Sep 2010, 17:55

Records that match the names? Maybe I should write to that anagrafe?
by timjolin
16 Sep 2010, 17:44

The marriage document I received listed both towns (Bavastri and Propata). My grandmother also visited both towns and met her relatives who lived there. I was told that the LDS records did not yet include this part of Italy. Is that not true?
by timjolin
16 Sep 2010, 17:21

Yes I used that address and did receive the marriage certificate that I requested but no word of why the birth certificate was not found. I ensured a correct translation of my letter. Is an email appropriate as a follow-up?
by timjolin
16 Sep 2010, 16:37

Looking for information on Bartolomeo Mangini from Torriglia

I am trying to piece together my genealogy. I know of my great grandfather Bartolomeo Mangini born in Bavastri near Torriglia. Bartolomeo's father was listed as Vincente Mangini. Bartolomeo's wife was Amabile Fraguglia born in Propata. Her father was Antonio Fraguglia. I requested birth records from...