Search found 10 matches

by garyf
20 Jun 2012, 17:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Required documents
Replies: 2
Views: 1040

Required documents

Hey Everyone, I have an appointment in September (NY) to apply/submit my documents for Italian citizenship through jus sanguinis. I believe I have all documents needed, but I wanted to confirm this with the consulate beforehand. Is there any way to do this? Is there a number I can call or email? I a...
by garyf
15 Sep 2011, 23:33
Topic: Question about certificate records for Italian citizenship
Views: 740

Question about certificate records for Italian citizenship

Hello, I am apply for Italian citizenship through my great grandfather. I have access to all the documents, but a few I can only get copies of. For example, my great grandfathers son has his Naturalization and death certificate, but will only allow me to make a copy, he will not allow me to take the...
by garyf
22 Mar 2011, 02:19
Topic: Have I received "official" documents?
Replies: 1
Views: 572

Have I received "official" documents?

Hello everyone, I received my great grandmothers and great grandfathers birth certificates and marriage certificate from Italy. I am having a hard time knowing if they are "official" documents. The form is in various languages, including English, and the information (name, DOB, etc) is han...
by garyf
02 Jan 2011, 06:52
Topic: help locating birth certificate for foster/adopted child
Views: 1083

Re: help locating birth certificate for foster/adopted child

Question: Does anyone know if I can apply for Italian citizenship WITHOUT my great grandmother birth certificate? I am applying through my mother-grand father-great grand father. I pretty much have access to all the documents I need except my great grandmother birth certificate.
by garyf
02 Jan 2011, 05:00
Topic: help locating birth certificate for foster/adopted child
Views: 1083

help locating birth certificate for foster/adopted child

Hi, I have been trying to locate my great grandmothers birth certificate in Italy with no luck. She was a foster child, which is making things very difficult. Does anybody know how foster/adopted children where issued birth certificates in Italy? Is it possible that she was never issued one? About h...
by garyf
30 Sep 2010, 00:58
Topic: obtaining/locating my great grandmothers birth certificate
Replies: 13
Views: 4616

Re: obtaining/locating my great grandmothers birth certifica

Thanks for your help!! That would be really cool if he was actually born in Italy when everyone thought he was born in America. I would like to get Italian citizenship one day, so if my grandfather was actually born in Italy and became a nationalized citizen BEFORE my mother was born, that would aut...
by garyf
30 Sep 2010, 00:32

So does that mean Onofrio Russo, that was 2 at the time, is there son? That might be my grandfather, but his name is Nofrio Russo and was born in 1924 in america, supposedly.
by garyf
30 Sep 2010, 00:06

Thank you so much! This helped a lot. Now I at least have a new starting point!! BTW, what website are you getting those images from? Thanks again!

:D
by garyf
29 Sep 2010, 22:47

obtaining/locating my great grandmothers birth certificate

How would I go about obtaining/locating my great grandmothers birth certificate that was supposedly an orphan/adopted? Her maiden name was Giovanna Vestaglia. She had foster parents, last name Cali, but she's listed as "ignota" on all the documents that ask for her parents' name. We believ...