Search found 12 matches

by dmbozza
30 Jan 2012, 06:30
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Naturalized Citizenship Oath
Replies: 1
Views: 952

Naturalized Citizenship Oath

I'm applying for Italian Citizenship Jure Sanguinis, via my GF>F>ME I've collected the usual documents, birth certificates, marriage certificates; death certificate and am now down to the actual application documents (Form 1-4). I’ve personally completed Form 1 & 2 (The application & declara...
by dmbozza
22 Jan 2012, 10:29
Topic: Question about Form 4
Replies: 4
Views: 1448

Re: Question about Form 4

I'm posting via the same...>GF >F >Me, although my GF has passed, however my Father has not.

But since my GF’s Petition for US Citizenship & Oath of Allegiance was signed on June 24th, 1935 and my father was born 17 days prior… I'm thinking/hoping I will only need Form 4 from my Father.
by dmbozza
17 Jun 2011, 14:39
Topic: Divorce Docs
Replies: 8
Views: 1920

Re: Divorce Docs

Would I need my fathers divorce papers if I'm applying via my GF [ self -> F -> GF ]. I'm married never divorced, my Dad's been Married/Divorced with his 1st wife, married/widowed with #2 and now married with #3. I'm one of seven from his 1st wife. First point: you are not really applying through y...
by dmbozza
17 Jun 2011, 03:22
Topic: Divorce Docs
Replies: 8
Views: 1920

Re: Divorce Docs

Would I need my fathers divorce papers if I'm applying via my GF [ self -> F -> GF ].
I'm married never divorced, my Dad's been Married/Divorced with his 1st wife, married/widowed with #2 and now married with #3. I'm one of seven from his 1st wife.
by dmbozza
22 Dec 2010, 17:48
Topic: Naturalization documents
Replies: 5
Views: 2185

Re: Naturalization documents

How can the National Archives report a Negative Search?? Since I am already in possession of his Certificate of Citizenship, which was issued from the Dept of Labor in the Hudson County Court in Jersey City on June 24th, 1935. I was hoping to collect some other documents such as his Declaration of I...
by dmbozza
22 Dec 2010, 17:16
Topic: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Replies: 36
Views: 20764

Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather

All I have right now is a very good copy of his Certificate of Citizenship, which was issued from the Department of Labor by the Hudson County Court in Jersey City. I do not have the Declaration of Intention, Petition or Oasth of Allegiance. But hopeful that my online order to the US National Archiv...
by dmbozza
20 Dec 2010, 09:16
Topic: Immigration Records for my grandfather
Replies: 36
Views: 20764

Re: Immigration Records for my grandfather

Anyone know what the typical turn-around time is on DHS USCIS Genealogy or NARA requests? I've requested naturalization documents from both sources USCIS and NARA (National Archives). It's been 7 weeks now and I haven't seen a thing. I actually have a photo copy of my GF naturalization certificate i...
by dmbozza
24 Nov 2010, 13:53
Topic: Is marriage certificate needed
Replies: 3
Views: 1802

Re: Is marriage certificate needed

Uwlaw,

Thanks for the explaination, I often wondered why do they request marriage, divorce & death certificates? As none of these prove Lineage, but broadening the scope beyond Lineage yes then I can see these are all certainly "Life Events".
by dmbozza
20 Nov 2010, 18:47
Topic: Citizenship through Maternal GF?
Replies: 12
Views: 3349

Re: Citizenship through Maternal GF?

I qualify for Italain Citizenship through my GF via jure sanguinis, which means my Father is also an Italian Citizen as well. My question is does he (My Father) have to apply for dual citizenship before I can? He is on his 70's and doesn't have any intereest in doing so, meanwhile me and all my brot...
by dmbozza
12 Nov 2010, 00:21
Topic: Naturalization papers
Replies: 9
Views: 5386

Re: Naturalization papers

Carmine, Thank you for your input... can you offer any advise as to how I should handle a name discrepancy that I just discovered. It appears that my Grandfathers name on his Italian Birth Record and US naturalization record is Pasquale Bozza, however every other document that I've obtained... Marri...
by dmbozza
01 Nov 2010, 14:44
Topic: Naturalization papers
Replies: 9
Views: 5386

Re: Naturalization papers

Is a photocopy of my Grandfathers certificate of US Citizenship suficiant for dual citizenship purposes? It's issued from the department of labor and includes both his petition # and a certificate #, his photograph and you can clearly see that it had an embossed raised stamp at the time the photo co...
by dmbozza
25 Oct 2010, 06:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Bozza/Figurelli Family of Santomenna
Replies: 2
Views: 3000

Re: Bozza/Figurelli Family of Santomenna

Mainman... we must be related as I am a descendant of Donato Bozza and Vincenza Figurelli. Through my grandfather Pasquale Bozza. I'm actually in the process of trying to obtain a legal copy of his Italian Birth record, so that I can begin the process of applying for Italian Citizenship. How was you...