09 Dec 2010, 22:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tallini
Replies: 4
Views: 1486

Re: Tallini

Thanks for the links VJ!
I have seen those on ancestry.

I'm hoping to find someone that has similar relatives and has maybe done a tree....The mystery continues!
by italina
09 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: Tallini

Hi VJ, Those two links you posted are in fact my relatives! :D Anthony is my grandfather and Gennaro my ggfather. I'm having trouble finding information on Gennaro and think there is possibly two of them on Ancestry. I know Anthony was born in Sicily and his mother was Elena Siviglia. I can't find G...
by italina
09 Dec 2010, 17:59

Tallini

Does anyone here have any Tallini's in their family tree? I'm having a hard time find connections. I scoured Ancestry.com and can't seem to find the correct matches to my tree. My grandfather was Anthony Tallini b. 1919 his father was Gennaro Tallini and his mother was Elena Sivgilia Tallini. I can'...
by italina
09 Dec 2010, 16:47
Topic: BRICK WALL =( PLEASE HELP =)
Replies: 6
Views: 4942

Re: BRICK WALL =( PLEASE HELP =)

Hi Alicia,

My ggrandfather was Sostene Scicchitani and he was from Sansosti in Calabria. His parent were Rosario and Rose. I know it's a slightly different spelling but it seems that happens quite often when people immigrated.
I would try searching Ancestry or other places with spelling variations.
by italina
09 Dec 2010, 15:34
Topic: Adoptee Searching Just Discovered Italian Ancestry
Replies: 31
Views: 12576

Re: Adoptee Searching Just Discovered Italian Ancestry

Judy, Not sure if you are coming back to check this thread or not. I too am an adoptee. I am 100% Italian but was raised in a 100% Irish family. I have always loved Italian culture and feel it is my one and only true culture, I'm Italian, period! Only adopted people know what it's like to be adopted...