Search found 223 matches

by bkworm10
30 Dec 2013, 15:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: State of the Family Document
Replies: 7
Views: 2273

Re: State of the Family Document

Thanks Dawn Marie. I will look for your group on FB. Do you know Maria Sophia Amalia Laraia's parents names? I have record of all Laraia families in Accettura and they are all related. Thanks!
by bkworm10
08 Sep 2012, 18:08
Topic: Excited - heard from Accettura Italy!
Replies: 38
Views: 15586

Re: Excited - heard from Accettura Italy!

I do but it's very far back - 6G grandmother - Porsia Loscalzo born in the early 1700's. No Labbatte's in my direct line, but possibly in collateral lines. Who are you looking for and where did they settle? I have lots of Accettura records.

Annette
by bkworm10
02 May 2012, 05:34
Topic: Pesanti/Pesante & Sarricchio
Views: 1575

Re: Pesanti/Pesante & Sarricchio

Yes Tessa, I saw that too! I thought that was strange, especially since he says he was only married once and that his wife died 3 years ago in Italy. Yes, he was a curious fellow, I agree, if the same guy. I think I will search for Teresa's death record and see if that tells me anything. Maybe a Bos...
by bkworm10
02 May 2012, 04:42

Tessa, take a look at this! He has the same occupation: Mason! He applied for marriage license in 1894. I wonder if this is Rocco!. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that on his marriage license with Carmela, it says his wife died in Italy, 3 years prior. Unless, he just misunderstood the qu...
by bkworm10
02 May 2012, 03:07

Hi Tessa! Thanks - it could be him, I really don't know. I would think he was Catholic (Carmela was, as were all my ancestors from Italy), although it appears they were married by a justice of the peace in Philadelphia, rather than in a Church. I did find (I think) earlier today a Rocco Pisante in P...
by bkworm10
01 May 2012, 22:56

Pesanti/Pesante & Sarricchio

Hi, I have decided to tackle this brick wall again. I have a little bit more information, but thought I would throw this out there, in case anyone can help. I've attached the marriage record of Rocco Pesante/Pisanti and Carmela Gioscia Sarricchio below. Carmela is my g-g-grandmother and she remarrie...
by bkworm10
24 Apr 2012, 12:56
Topic: Help with marriage record
Replies: 2
Views: 1006

Re: Help with marriage record

Thank you Livio! Wow, finally I have a different profession in my family! A spinner - neat!

Thanks again for taking the time to read this for me!
Annette
by bkworm10
23 Apr 2012, 21:29
Topic: Help with marriage record
Replies: 2
Views: 1006

Help with marriage record

Hi, I just received my 4G grandparents marriage record. I can read some of it, but this record seems to have a lot of important information. For instance, I think it lists Maria Maddelena's mother's name (Donata Liucci?) - something that I just didn't know until I got this record. I also think it li...
by bkworm10
17 Apr 2012, 23:49
Topic: Help with street name!
Views: 1466

Re: Help with street name!

Hi Laura,

I did email someone in Accettura and she says there is a street called Esterna Meridionale. So, I think we got the right street name, finally! Thank you so much!

Annette
by bkworm10
17 Apr 2012, 21:51

Re: Help with street name!

Thanks! I will email someone I know if Accettura and see if that street name exists. That names seems possible - I thought it was something like

Via Mar...nala or nata?

Thanks again! Annette
by bkworm10
17 Apr 2012, 17:07

Help with street name!

Hi, Can anyone please determine the street name listed in these two documents? Also, in the one for Ferdinanda Piliero, can you determine the house number? I cannot figure out the street name - it looks like Via Mart... But I would love to know the street name and if the street still exists today in...
by bkworm10
06 Mar 2012, 14:29

I also forgot to mention I have our Sarricchio line traced back to the early 1700's in Accettura. If you PM me your email I can send you an invite to my tree on ancestry and you can see what I have.
Annette
by bkworm10
06 Mar 2012, 14:20

Hi! I found their marriage record and guess what - you are related to me! I have Piliero's and Belmonte's in my ancestry too, but my great-grandmother was a Sarricchio and that is Vincenzo's mother's name! Here are the details of their marriage: Vincenzo Piliero b. 1862 was the son of Carmine Pilier...
by bkworm10
09 Feb 2012, 16:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: How to find naturalization papers?
Replies: 4
Views: 1555

Re: How to find naturalization papers?

Thanks Corrado. Unfortunately, I do not live in Philadelphia. So I'm pretty much stuck using online records or microfilm from FHC. I know I could request information from NARA, but all I have is his name, DOB, where he was living in Philadelphia and the year he put on his census record that he natur...