Search found 11 matches

by ascione_m
01 Apr 2012, 19:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Elia/Monacelli in Alanno & Secondo/Dia Felicie in Oratin
Replies: 28
Views: 16209

Re: Elia/Monacelli in Alanno & Secondo/Dia Felicie in Oratin

Interesting how this thread has got itself kickstarted again. Nice to meet you Laurie. I'm Mark – Mary's husband Tim is my mom's cousin (Pasquale b. 1876 is my ggf). If I have everything correct, I'd think Rosa Elia is likely a cousin to Lorenzo. It seems Lorenzo had 2 sibling, Filippo and Irene. Th...
by ascione_m
11 Nov 2010, 15:26
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: best way to research Italian military history?
Replies: 27
Views: 16386

Re: best way to research Italian military history?

Riccardo, Thank you for that information. That's awesome for me to see. I have never known anyone in my direct line served, or was killed in action. Especially today being Remembrance Day here in Canada, I am really a little overwhelmed by it. Carmine, Sorry, you are correct, and I didn't mean to ig...
by ascione_m
11 Nov 2010, 04:53
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: best way to research Italian military history?
Replies: 27
Views: 16386

Re: best way to research Italian military history?

I have found the details on my GGF through www.difesa.it but by that I mean using his name, Michelangelo Ascione, I was able to see his birth date, birth place, that he is buried in Italy, died 10 Sep 1917 in the field. Now I heard a story from my father that he died after hearing hostilities were e...
by ascione_m
10 Nov 2010, 20:25
Topic: Italian Military Records
Replies: 8
Views: 3282

Re: Italian Military Records

sorry for thread-jacking Donna

thank you for your help Carmine!
by ascione_m
10 Nov 2010, 19:51

Carmine, you really are johnnyonthespot lol this is what I got back: Commissariato Generale Onoranze Caduti in Guerra Notizie sulle sepolture dei Caduti in Guerra Nome: MICHELANGELO Cognome: ASCIONE Data di Nascita: 14/4/1885 Luogo di Nascita: PESCOSOLIDO Luogo Sepoltura: ITALIA Data Decesso: 10/9/1...
by ascione_m
10 Nov 2010, 19:39

Could I ask who Riccardo is? The story from my father is that his paternal grandfather was on leave as the word came that World War I was over. Apparently, on his way back to his unit, he was killed by someone who had not heard hostilities had ceased. I have his name, and obviously, an approximate d...
by ascione_m
08 Nov 2010, 06:22
Topic: Gorassi surname/genealogy
Replies: 13
Views: 5590

Re: Gorassi surname/genealogy

Thank you all so much, that is some great info, and very helpful As I said, my mother knew of Angelo, and Antonio. Actually, she always thought with her father being Rocco Anthony, and his brother being Antonio, that Antonio was the natural father, but I had found the records of Giovanna Maria marry...
by ascione_m
06 Nov 2010, 09:34

Re: Gorassi surname/genealogy

I just thought of this...

I am sorry, but I do not have a region or city of birth for Angelo, Antonio, Gennaro or Lorenzo Gorassi... other than it is somewhere in Italy to the best of my knowledge...

I know that makes it more difficult, but I do not have very much on this side of my family
by ascione_m
06 Nov 2010, 08:30

Gorassi surname/genealogy

Hello, I am trying to search my maternal grandfather's line. I do not have a great deal of information, unfortunately. To the best of my searching/knowledge, my grandfather, Rocco Anthony Gorassi was born in Canada, to Angelo Gorassi and Giovanna Maria Cerigliana/Cerigliani/Ciriliani/Ceriglianora, J...
by ascione_m
03 Nov 2010, 19:34

Re: Elia/Monacelli in Alanno & Secondo/Dia Felicie in Or

Lorenzo Elia age 25 and Addalorata Manacelli age 26 were married in Alanno, Pescara on 17 July 1866 (record #10) they had the following children, all born in Alanno Antonio 21 May 1867 record #71 Rosario 16 December 1869 record #118 Antonio 12 March 1871 record #98 Pierino 15 January 1874 record #7...
by ascione_m
29 Oct 2010, 06:43

Re: Elia/Monacelli in Alanno & Secondo/Dia Felicie in Or

Hello everyone... first post here Sandy I feel like I have been following you. I've run across your tree on Ancestry.com. Quick background, my girlfriend has got me into looking into my ancestry (hers is so exciting since she seems to have been able to go back to about 900 AD). Anyway, I just starte...