Search found 9 matches

by ChrisLucia
12 Nov 2010, 22:47
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian American History Month
Replies: 50
Views: 29131

Re: Italian American History Month

Anybody know that there is an Italian American history month? And guess when it is... October. Odd how you'd never know from watching TV. Even the History Channel can't seem to be bothered to recognize it. Seems like some other official history months get a lot more attention. Oh well, what did som...
by ChrisLucia
11 Nov 2010, 15:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Lucia Family
Replies: 17
Views: 6808

Re: Lucia Family

no because the births on line ita are from 1809 to 1860, and I know not the first name of Giuseppe's father.. however seeming that the large part of LUCIA people coming from Circello town; I found in military papers( 1872-1928) that in Castelfranco in Miscano it was just this 3 men enrolled: Cognom...
by ChrisLucia
11 Nov 2010, 00:13

double posting.
by ChrisLucia
11 Nov 2010, 00:06

crhris, I read you pm, and I wish post here what I found; Philip Lucy aka Filippo Lucia, your ancestor, was the son of Giuseppe Lucia(born abt 1866); they came both in the 1907: New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Filippo Lucia Name: Filippo Lucia Arrival Date: 22 Mar 1907 Birth Year: abt 189...
by ChrisLucia
08 Nov 2010, 04:00

Hi Chris I'm sorry I failed to welcome you to the forum. :) The wonderful people on this forum can be very helpful to you when you get stuck. I would recommend you trace your ancestors in U.S. as far as you can with family lore, census reports, etc. Eventually, you will wish to trace your roots bac...
by ChrisLucia
07 Nov 2010, 21:49

I believe Giuseppe de Lucia of Salvatore (married to Teresa Perrotta ) went to CT. I believe Angela Rosa de Lucia of Salvatore (married to Giuseppe Perrotta ) came to CT. Any relationships? no relationships there. im 15 years old. My grandpa (Joseph D. Lucia II) came to CT as a child with his fathe...
by ChrisLucia
07 Nov 2010, 21:23

Hi, in Italy the Lucia surname is popular, and also popular is De Lucia... it exist also the version Di Lucia; so your ancestor surname; in Castelfranco in Miscano town, full name town, in Benevento province) exist Lucia surname only; no the other versions.. all the best, suanj So they are seperate...
by ChrisLucia
07 Nov 2010, 21:22

oilman19 wrote:I have indexed many de Lucia's in Santa Maria Capua Vetere. Some went to U.S. I know Connecticut was 1 destination.
Any interest?
my ancestors went to bridgeport, CT. and i currently live in CT.
by ChrisLucia
07 Nov 2010, 19:48

Lucia Family

Hello, my surname is Lucia. My ancestors left out of the port in Naples but I believe they were from Castelfranco. Was the surname always Lucia or was the De dropped from it as in it used to be De Lucia? I am wondering if Lucia is a real italian surname and any information on the surname? thank you :D