Search found 28 matches

by danielle1118
02 Aug 2018, 16:12
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: San Fele, Potenza - priest
Replies: 10
Views: 4460

Re: San Fele, Potenza - priest

It appears Carmela had 2 brothers, Anthony and Teadoro and my gg grandmother Josephine. The birth certificates also appear as foundling records. I need to look through records again for Josephine.
by danielle1118
02 Aug 2018, 15:53
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: San Fele, Potenza
Replies: 7
Views: 6128

Re: San Fele, Potenza

Thank you for looking. Her "siblings" birth records were located, I think the problem with locating the birth record is that they were foundlings. When they travelled to U.S. they assumed the surname of Ricigliano. After the marriage of Angelina Ricigliano and Giuseppe DeCillis, in the U.S...
by danielle1118
24 Jul 2018, 21:27
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Antonio Guerra
Replies: 2
Views: 778

Antonio Guerra

Would someone be so kind to translate the following record for Antonio Guerra?
Thank you in advance
by danielle1118
20 Dec 2017, 21:18
Topic: translate record
Replies: 1
Views: 706

translate record

Would someone be so kind to translate the record for Elisabetta Cagnazzi? thank you!
by danielle1118
15 Nov 2017, 18:02

Hi Tessa, thank you- yes that is them in the 1892 census. In San Fele birth records, these children appear to be foundlings. My gg mother Josephine used Ricigliano and DeCillis as her surname. This only deepens the mystery of how they come to the U.S. as Ricigliano and then take the DeCillis surname...
by danielle1118
15 Nov 2017, 03:24

Here is marriage certificate
by danielle1118
15 Nov 2017, 03:21

I do have the marriage record, it doesn't state profession, but has retired priest on his death certificate. I was trying to learn more about his life prior to arriving in the states. I think his family was high stature. I am trying to figure out how/why they came to U.S. and then married and if he ...
by danielle1118
14 Nov 2017, 23:03

On his death certificate, Angelina Ricigliano was listed as his wife and his profession was listed as retired priest. His name was Giuseppe Decillis and he was born in San Fele in 1836, the son of Giambattista Decillis and Candida Rosati
by danielle1118
14 Nov 2017, 22:34

Line 202
by danielle1118
13 Nov 2017, 20:11

San Fele, Potenza - priest

Hi, I was wondering if there are any records of when an individual may have gone into the priesthood in San Fele, Potenza? I think I have some kind of strange happening that occured with a priest and widow who emigrated to the U.S. from San Fele. They married after arriving in Ny and on his death ce...
by danielle1118
13 Nov 2017, 17:16
Topic: Help with marriage record
Views: 680

Re: Help with marriage record

Thank you, Erudita. It doesnt explain the relationship between Domenico and Luigi Grieco? Is this normal presentation for a wedding? I''m not sure if I am reading correctly, but Domenico offered his home for the marriage?
by danielle1118
09 Nov 2017, 20:04
Topic: Help with marriage record
Views: 680

Help with marriage record

Hi,

I, hopefully, attached a marriage record that I am unable to translate. I would greatly appreciate help with the record of Calabrese/ Grieco marriage.

thank you!
by danielle1118
21 Mar 2013, 16:35
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: San Fele, Potenza
Replies: 7
Views: 6128

San Fele, Potenza

I have mailed 2 requests for birth records, but haven't received a response. I also tried emailing the commune, but it comes back undeliverable. so frustrated... does anyone have any other suggestions? Can someone tell me if they had success receiving documents from San Fele? :(

Thank You
by danielle1118
17 Jul 2012, 16:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: DeCillis
Replies: 6
Views: 2072

Re: DeCillis

Thank you for your responses. I looked up available LDS microfilms and it seems they are not available for San Fele, Potenza for births around 1870. What remaining options do I have? I sent a request about a year ago but never received a response. Are these records available anywhere else or at this...