Search found 8 matches

by JoeR63
09 Mar 2011, 16:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: 801Webster Ave Pittsburgh: address of interest
Replies: 6
Views: 6881

Re: 801Webster Ave Pittsburgh: address of interest

Josie, In 1902, a manifest for my great grandfather Pasquale Sacco shows that he was going to stay with relatives at 602 Webster Ave. and a few years later, his wife and children joined him at 607-609 Webster Ave. and others from the same comune (San Mango d'Aquino in Calabria) were going to the sam...
by JoeR63
18 Jan 2011, 14:35
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: International reply coupons!
Replies: 8
Views: 5396

Re: International reply coupons!

The IRCs cost $2.10 each online and shipping and handling is $1.00. I ordered some just a couple of weeks ago and it took about 3 business days to receive them. I sent two IRCs with a letter to a comune requesting information. The comune responded to a previous request of mine back in November witho...
by JoeR63
21 Dec 2010, 18:56
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help translating letter to comune into Italian
Replies: 12
Views: 5090

Re: Help translating letter to comune into Italian

Okay, I pieced a letter together using various books and templates. Unfortunately, I had to rely somewhat on web translators which I know are not trustworthy. Below is the body of my letter that I wish to send to the L'Ufficiale dello Stato Civile, Comune di San Mango D'Aquino. If someone fluent in ...
by JoeR63
20 Dec 2010, 23:02

Re: Help translating letter to comune into Italian

Marty, Thanks for the links. I used the form letters when sending my first letter to the comune. I am hoping to get a good translation of the follow-up letter I'm planning to send since it "strays" from the standard form letters somewhat and I want to make sure the letter is clear to incre...
by JoeR63
20 Dec 2010, 16:49

Help translating letter to comune into Italian

This is my first post on the forum, although I have been reading and gaining valuable information for the past few months. I was recently successful receiving birth certificates for two of my great grandparents from San Mango d'Aquino and I'm planning to send a follow-up letter after the holidays re...