Search found 122 matches

by Josie07M11
19 Oct 2020, 19:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Translation request. 2xGGF married 12 year old
Replies: 4
Views: 685

Re: Translation request. 2xGGF married 12 year old

Thanks! Yes, I should have been more specific about which handwriting I was referring to. It was the paragraph on the first page starting with "Metti sposi", which I believe is what @erudita74 reviewed for me. I think I was most surprised by the age difference between the groom and the bri...
by Josie07M11
18 Oct 2020, 03:42
Topic: Translation request. 2xGGF married 12 year old
Views: 685

Translation request. 2xGGF married 12 year old

Hello everyone, I recently discovered the marriage record for my 2x great-grandfather Luciano Mangani and his wife Giorgia Lio. (Although it appears her name on this record is written as Alio) The record lists her age as 12 and consent was given. There's some information written on the bottom that I...
by Josie07M11
05 Jun 2019, 15:11
Topic: Need help obtaining father's certified birth certificate from Italy
Replies: 5
Views: 1403

Re: Need help obtaining father's certified birth certificate from Italy

Ok, let us know how you make out. Good news! They responded to my email: In data odierna e' stato spedito l'estratto atto di nascita plurilingue di [my father's name] nato a Ramacca il [my father's birth date]. This is the email I sent, for anyone in the future who might look at this message and ne...
by Josie07M11
04 Jun 2019, 23:12

Re: Need help obtaining father's certified birth certificate from Italy

Yes he is still living it just would be much easier if I could it myself. Of course, I will ask him if the Comune is hesitant to help me. 😊 Thank you
by Josie07M11
04 Jun 2019, 21:38

Need help obtaining father's certified birth certificate from Italy

Hello everyone, I am looking to apply for my Italian citizenship jure sanguinis through my father who was born in Ramacca, Catania. I know that I need to contact the Comune di Ramacca for this certificate, but I am confused about the process of obtaining a certified copy. I read a blog article that ...
by Josie07M11
28 Apr 2019, 20:29
Topic: Searching for Italian passport records
Replies: 14
Views: 4917

Re: Searching for Italian passport records

Thanks, I already have this information, but I appreciate you trying to help :)
by Josie07M11
27 Apr 2019, 04:50
Topic: Searching for Italian passport records
Replies: 14
Views: 4917

Searching for Italian passport records

Hello everyone, I'm looking for information about where to access passport applications / passport records for my great-grandfather, Paolo Sulfaro and his relatives. He lived in Giardini, Messina and visited America 3x (1906,1909 and 1912) before he was killed in WW1. I have all the ship manifests, ...
by Josie07M11
08 Mar 2019, 04:09
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Italian government paid for WW1 veterans to emigrate?
Replies: 6
Views: 1351

Re: Italian government paid for WW1 veterans to emigrate?

Thank you, that is very helpful! I'm sure that even if they moved to America, they wanted to go back for their visits, so they had no choice but to go to war to avoid future arrests.

I am still confused about why America would accept men from another country who were in military reserves.
by Josie07M11
08 Mar 2019, 03:46

Re: Italian government paid for WW1 veterans to emigrate?

Thanks Leyra. 😊 I actually have that info about Paolo. But I wish I knew whether he had been offered paid emigration to America in exchange for his military service. (How sad if this is why he went back, but then he was killed.)
by Josie07M11
08 Mar 2019, 03:20

Italian government paid for WW1 veterans to emigrate?

I wonder if someone with some historical knowledge can help me. My great-grandfather Paolo Sulfaro and his brother-in-law Rosario Sterrantino were working and living in the United States when WW1 broke out. They both returned to Italy and served in the war. Paolo was killed, whilst Rosario survived....
by Josie07M11
05 Feb 2019, 06:27
Topic: Help Liste di Estrazione translation & meaning
Views: 1189

Re: Help Liste di Estrazione translation & meaning

Thank you so much mmogno! You have been very helpful.:)
by Josie07M11
03 Feb 2019, 04:48

Re: Help Liste di Estrazione translation & meaning

Thank you mmongo! Since there isn't any more information about Antonino Sulfaro on this Liste di Estrazione does that mean he likely never served in the military? Or could there be another Liste di Estazione for him with more information? Also, if you would be so kind, can you help me understand wha...
by Josie07M11
02 Feb 2019, 07:11

Help Liste di Estrazione translation & meaning

Hello, I need some help to translate and clarify the meaning of my ancestor's Antonino Sulfaro's Liste di Estrazione. Here are the words I managed to transcribe: Dichiarato renitente 17 Aug 1905 Cancellata la renitenza si mandato alla ventura leva per oligoemia malarica Close up: https://imgur.com/a...
by Josie07M11
02 Dec 2018, 17:54
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Bisnonno Giovanni Mangani Death Record
Views: 1229

Re: Bisnonno Giovanni Mangani Death Record

Thank you! Actually, earlier in the record is states: "avendo ricevuto dall'Ufficiale Stato Civile del Commune di Mineo copia di morte, transcrivo per intero la copia stessa.." and then the witnesses appear to be residents from Mineo. I figured that it's in Parte 2 of the Atti di Morte for...
by Josie07M11
02 Dec 2018, 17:18
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Bisnonno Giovanni Mangani Death Record
Views: 1229

Bisnonno Giovanni Mangani Death Record

Hello everyone, I have found a death record for my bisnonno Giovanni Mangani but am struggling to decipher the final lines. I am hoping that this information explains why he died. He was living in Ramacca but died in the nearby town of Mineo where I think he was working. Here is the link to the Fami...