Search found 46 matches

by anima87ag
21 May 2012, 16:02
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Certifying Translations - Citizenship
Replies: 7
Views: 4078

Re: Certifying Translations - Citizenship

Sorry, for some reason the pdf file will not upload, so if you could message me another address to send to! Thanks!
by anima87ag
21 May 2012, 15:53
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Urgent! Translation of NYS docs into Italian?
Replies: 0
Views: 590

Urgent! Translation of NYS docs into Italian?

If there is anyone here that offers translation from English to Italian, it would be greatly appreciated. I would rather not resort to Google translator and I need to get these records off soon to the NYC Italian consulate. Any advice on this matter or translation skills would be helpful! Many thank...
by anima87ag
20 May 2012, 20:23

Yes, absolutely. Any two cents would be great. If you managed to get them approved at NYC consulate, you must have done something right. :)

Can you please give me your email address? I will forward you the docs. Thanks again!
by anima87ag
20 May 2012, 17:06

Thanks again for the information. It's good to hear that no second Apostille is needed. By any chance, would you be able to assist me with my translations? (If you happen to be fluent in Italian before I resort to Google!) I would like to be certain I have the proper translation for NYC consulate. M...
by anima87ag
16 May 2012, 13:31

Buon giorno! Thanks for the reply. Well, I am indeed applying at the consulate in London within a month's time. Yes, my documents originate in NY which I guess now means I wouldn't have to apply for a second Apostille? Phew! 8) " Just as indicated in our website, which you are kindly requested ...
by anima87ag
15 May 2012, 21:07

Certifying Translations - Citizenship

Hello to all, Thanks so much for the help thus far. I am now reaching the phase of translating my official US docs into Italian. I might have a friend translate on my behalf. Now, I was told all I have to do is take the original long-form docs with the Apostille and attach the translation along with...
by anima87ag
02 May 2012, 18:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help obtaining copies of public records. Please assist!
Replies: 5
Views: 1528

Re: Help obtaining copies of public records. Please assist!

Thanks again for the info. But, the real issue is finding the actual certified document from the website provided which can be downloaded in a pdf or word document. I need a copy of the original record.

Many thanks!
by anima87ag
02 May 2012, 14:17
Views: 1528

Hello,

Thanks for this information. You've found the correct death record. Only I am having issues downloading the file because it is in GED format which the Safari browser doesn't recognize, so I can't view the document. Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

A
by anima87ag
20 Mar 2012, 10:59
Views: 1651

You might be right about the death record. The main problem is that NYS policy about the obtainment of records is beyond strict. Only the child/spouse of the deceased can get the death record (no grandchildren) and the individual/parent can be the only to obtain the birth record. Therefore, I was to...
by anima87ag
10 Feb 2012, 09:46
Topic: How to obtain NYS public records by court order
Replies: 11
Views: 5124

Re: How to obtain NYS public records by court order

Thank you both for your input. My father is the single person that can claim both his birth record and my grandfather's death record (see below). I am afraid I might be forced to file a petition to obtain these two records. Also, to Karen, if you can please explain how I can get the documented claim...
by anima87ag
09 Feb 2012, 13:36

On one hand, your response does pertain to the death record. So, the court order is for the NYS Dept of Health. But, in the case of my father's reluctancy to release his birth record, wouldn't that be a separate case? Or can I request his birth record from NYS Dept. of Health also (even though he is...
by anima87ag
09 Feb 2012, 13:31

Thank you so much. You advice is very useful and now I think I have hope that the documents can be released for the purpose even if my relative is in opposition. It's also valid to note, as you said, certain documents can seem irrelevant, but no way of telling until the actual interview. Even, my pa...
by anima87ag
08 Feb 2012, 14:20

Thank you for the informative post! I didn't expect the process to cost $3,000. Yes, I have received refusal from a town hall in Westchester County, NY which told me that my (estranged) father is the only person that collect those two records. Now, I might be better off spending a few hundred to fil...
by anima87ag
08 Feb 2012, 10:37

How to obtain NYS public records by court order

Hello to all! I now have to obtain a death and birth record from New York State. One of the records is of a deceased relative and the other person is alive, but uncooperative. Please advise on how to obtain by court order (procedure, cost, etc.), especially if you have experienced this situation. Mi...
by anima87ag
25 Jan 2012, 15:37
Views: 1651

Thank you. I indeed tried to go to New Rochelle and they told me that only my father could obtain the records. So, basically, I am here searching for alternatives without having to file a court petition to obtain them.