Search found 5 matches

by Ablaze
07 Jan 2011, 22:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carlogero Oddo and Rosaria Russo from Sicily
Replies: 12
Views: 4833

Re: Carlogero Oddo and Rosaria Russo from Sicily

If nothing else turns up, you can always order microfilms from the Family History Library and peruse them at your local Family History Center. Films are available covering a very wide range of years for Alimena ( http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=title...
by Ablaze
07 Jan 2011, 22:13

Where did your grandparents live after they left Louisana and what years where they there? Marty My Grandfather, Salvatore (Sam) Oddo, was born in 1916 in Louisiana. And he said they moved to Arkansas sometime when he was young. Not sure how long they lived there. But I know they moved again to Chi...
by Ablaze
07 Jan 2011, 22:09

Is this your greatgrandfathers brother Francesco that say he is from Ventimigila Sicily born in 1865 http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9648/frankoddo.jpg Marty A Hi, Marty. Hmm. I am not sure. I will have to ask my great Uncle, Calogero's youngest son, who is still living. He was the one who provi...
by Ablaze
07 Jan 2011, 22:03

Thank you so much, Laura! :) That is him. He must have come to the states first in 1899. And then went back for his brother Domemico at some point. And yes, I'm pretty sure, that is his brother Domenick's death record. He was a barber in Chicago. I'm assuming the "Odde" in Calogero's Natur...
by Ablaze
06 Jan 2011, 19:36

Carlogero Oddo and Rosaria Russo from Sicily

I am looking for information on the ancestry of my great Grandparents who came to America from Sicily in 1903. I was able to find their arrival on a May 14th, 1903 passenger list in New Orleans on Ancestry.com. Carlogero (or Calogero) Oddo was from Palermo. I believe he was born in 1875 or 1876. Car...