Search found 4 matches

by mack1020
24 Feb 2011, 04:07
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Dual Cit., Name discrepancies, Phila
Replies: 7
Views: 3695

Re: Dual Cit., Name discrepancies, Phila

Thanks ... the consulate had no problems with the spelling of Di Clemente (i.e. the space or no space issue). The primary problem, I believe, was the "Di ClementO" on my father's birth certificate. The court order declaring Giovanni Di Clemente. Giovanni Di Clemento, John Di Clemente and J...
by mack1020
23 Feb 2011, 23:55

I have not tried to correct any of the misspellings (didn't know you could do that). In some cases they aren't misspellings as such. just anglicization or partial anglicization. My grandfather's birth certificate is from Italy, his marriage in Philadelphis, his death in New Jersey. My father's birth...
by mack1020
23 Feb 2011, 20:10

Thanks. Sounds like I only need to focus on the last names then, e.g. if one person used DiBruno, DeBruni, Braun and Brown. Some sources seem to indicate that I need to get the original source documents amended so that the surnames all match. Changing my surname is not an option and would solve noth...
by mack1020
23 Feb 2011, 17:35

Dual Cit., Name discrepancies, Phila

Had my interview with the consulate (Philadelphia) and everything went well. However, my grandfather and father’s documents had variations in first names (Giovanni/John, Gugliemo/William) and last names (DiClemente, DiClemento, Clements). I was advised that I need a court order declaring that for ...