Search found 87 matches

by garypeg
23 May 2015, 19:59
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: track application
Replies: 5
Views: 4303

Re: track application

We do not have that number, I do not think. I will email them and see if we can get it. Would that be the day of my appt or my wife's?
by garypeg
23 May 2015, 18:19

Re: track application

Thanks. We can not find any number that the Consulate apparently should have given us, unless it is the same number as used for my application- was yours the same?
by garypeg
06 May 2015, 16:15

track application

It will be 2 years since my wife applied for Italian citizenship (I am already recognized). Is there a way to track her application?

thanks

gary
by garypeg
15 Nov 2014, 17:53
Topic: Incorrect name on Italian version of US marriage cert
Replies: 3
Views: 3051

Re: Incorrect name on Italian version of US marriage cert

I talked to an attorney at an immigration assistance group here. They told me that of course the woman gets to keep her married name! It would be chaos otherwise as documents would not match. The question is how to get this person in Sicily to actually do what he should have done in the first place....
by garypeg
11 Nov 2014, 18:36
Topic: Incorrect name on Italian version of US marriage cert
Views: 3051

Incorrect name on Italian version of US marriage cert

So we have this problem with our Italian version of our marriage certificate (we were married in US and we registered the cert pursuant to my obtaining Ital. citizenship). The Italian clerk who issued the cert. decided that my wife kept her maiden name when we married, as is the custom here. As you ...
by garypeg
11 Nov 2014, 18:30
Topic: Change of Residency from Sicily to Rome
Views: 2054

Re: Change of Residency from Sicily to Rome

This is what I have learned, going through the process now. Assuming you are renting, your contract must be registered with Agenzia di Entrate. Once that is done go with your Italian i.d. to the Municipo where you live in Rome. There is a form to fill out and that should do it. If you are living wit...
by garypeg
11 Nov 2014, 18:25
Topic: health cover in Europe
Replies: 58
Views: 26197

Re: health cover in Europe

To update you with my experience. I could not get a tessera sanitaria while in Spain. I was told that you have to get it while in Italy. I did just that. It was a piece of cake. I went to ASL, told them where I was living. They printed out a temporary t.s. and the plastic one came in the mail. First...
by garypeg
10 Oct 2014, 17:44

I thought you might be interested in how things have turned out. It was a piece of cake, no rental agreements involved. First I got the codice fiscale. With this document and my passport I went to ASL in my area. I was just going to ask them what they needed to register me. That was all they needed....
by garypeg
28 Apr 2014, 14:02

An Italian friend of mine called the municipo of Rome with regards to establishing residence there. It sounds like there is some of language you might need to have in your lease to the effect that you are now resident in said abode. Does anyone know anything about this? Looks like we will be there t...
by garypeg
29 Jan 2014, 16:50

Your report is good news as far as I am concerned. She there as a tourist with residence in Italy which I have read is not an issue. Now if she was resident in France as an Italian without ever having contributed, then that is another is matter. From what I have read and been told that is not allowe...
by garypeg
29 Jan 2014, 12:46

The link she supplied take you to a wiki in German, if that's any indication of her origin. It covers or seems to cover anyway provisions for cross border pension benefits including health. I've heard her arguments before. From what I can tell once in Italy you can register for health benefits regar...
by garypeg
04 Jan 2014, 18:38

thanks! You are so helpful!
by garypeg
04 Jan 2014, 17:11

But it seems to be the lease. So if the landlord keeps the utilities in his/her name, presumably that would not be an issue. Aftr all some people would not have utilities in their name, they may be lving with friends or family. I suppose that is why having a lease would be problematic, I should thin...
by garypeg
04 Jan 2014, 17:04

Right, that's essentially what you said earlier. Sorry I forgot. We are going there in the next few months so we will deal with it then.