Search found 10 matches

by franco1
17 Nov 2013, 22:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for information on Domenico Francomacaro
Replies: 29
Views: 3968

Re: Looking for information on Domenico Francomacaro

First, let me say that the surname is definitely Puca with an "a" Found the marriage record for Francesco Puca and Rosa Ortica, 1889 in Cesa. They were married in Cesa on 22 January 1889. They appeared before the official at the town hall at 10 AM. Francesco Puca, 23, peasant farmer, born...
by franco1
11 Mar 2011, 03:47

Thanks for this very informative article. It has been interesting gaining insight to the history of this family.
by franco1
10 Mar 2011, 00:09

One more question! When they are listed as peasant farmer would that mean they farmed land owned by someone else? I take it most likely they were not land owners. Is there a way to find out this information? Land records or rental records or something?

Thanks
franco1
by franco1
09 Mar 2011, 18:40

Wow! You have certainly opened up a very interesting family story! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. I keep checking in from work to read these findings. I hope I can help someone as you have helped me :)
by franco1
09 Mar 2011, 18:10

Ortica is a name I have not heard. Definitely need to correct the family tree I started. I think they were guessing that Rosina Perfetto was the right person.
by franco1
09 Mar 2011, 16:24

Addictive is the right word :)

I just started a francomacaro Family Tree - I'll update and correct it with the information you gave me. If there is one for Domenico Francomacaro I should look it up.

Thanks again!
franco1
by franco1
09 Mar 2011, 16:14

I take it you are fluent in Italian? This is very helpful as I have been trying to figure out translations. This is so interesting - I don't want to do my other work!
Thank you again!
franco1
by franco1
09 Mar 2011, 15:22

This is exciting :D I had no idea I would have a response with info so quickly! Yes, I have a bit more info on Paolo Romano. He was born, I believe, in 1880 and emigrated around 1901. I would also be very interested in the Romano history. Should I start a different thread for that? I'm new - not sur...
by franco1
09 Mar 2011, 13:32

Tessa78 , Thank you SO much for this information!! My husband will be very excited about this news. Cecelia was his great grandmother so this is definitely the right family. I will certainly explore all the avenues you have given. Dominico's son James J Francomacaro married Francis Romano whose fat...
by franco1
09 Mar 2011, 01:49

Looking for information on Domenico Francomacaro

Hello! I am brand new here and working on a research project for my husband. His Francomacaro side of the family came from Piedimonte d'Alife. I have ship records that Domenico Francomacaro arrived in US on 4.11.1898. I am interested in finding as much information as possible on the Francomacaro fam...