Search found 19 matches

by ianiro
24 May 2013, 09:10
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Success in Houston
Replies: 22
Views: 8693

Re: Success in Houston

Hey Joe, I emailed Monica and asked if i could make an appointment to come in. She asked me to pick a date from the few she offered me and I went a few weeks later, so assuming they aren't too backed up you should be okay. They only do citizenship appointments one day a week for 3 hours. Email Monic...
by ianiro
13 May 2011, 07:51
Topic: Translation Service?
Replies: 4
Views: 1572

Re: Translation Service?

Traveler7 wrote:Hi,

Can anyone recommend a reputable translation service for translating documents from english to italian?

Thanks!
I used Gabriella Einaga, she did a great job and her prices were extremely reasonable. If you want her email address message me and I'll give it to you.
by ianiro
13 May 2011, 02:19

Here is a link to where you can buy the book and will also give you all the info about it...

http://www.amazon.com/Storia-Centuries- ... 0060924411
by ianiro
13 May 2011, 02:15

For the naturalization cert, my ggf never naturalized so I didn't have to turn one in but if I remember correctly it does not need to have an apostille. As for my passport I have not had that appointment yet because I am still waiting for my birth cert from Italy. I will let you know how this proces...
by ianiro
12 May 2011, 17:23
Topic: Mother's birth cert issues
Replies: 10
Views: 2024

Re: Mother's birth cert issues

That is very unfortunate, I've never seen or heard of that happening before. I can tell you from my own experience that I emailed my consulate once before my appointment with a question/issue, which was to verify that the letters I had from USCIS and NARA were what the consulate needed as proof my g...
by ianiro
12 May 2011, 12:18

I had good luck with my consulate answering my questions before my appointment too. They will probably appreciate you dealing with it now rather than during your appointment.
by ianiro
12 May 2011, 11:16

I have been thinking about this and if I were you I'd email the person that handles citizenship at your consulate, and tell them about your issue/concern and ask then if your current records will be a problem, in which case you know you have to get the records amended, and if they say it is not an i...
by ianiro
12 May 2011, 10:59
Topic: What documents to request from Italy (dual citizenship)
Replies: 3
Views: 1118

Re: What documents to request from Italy (dual citizenship)

You can fax any scanned document for free at faxzero.com, or at least you could a few months ago when I used it.
by ianiro
12 May 2011, 10:50
Topic: Is USA passport a requirement to obtain the Italian passport
Replies: 4
Views: 1707

Re: Is USA passport a requirement to obtain the Italian pass

LAROCCAMOM wrote:Follow Up---
Per the Italian consulate in Chicago, first Italian passports for children require USA identification, in the form of a US passport.
Same with the Houston Consulate.
by ianiro
12 May 2011, 10:34
Topic: dual citizenship transalations
Replies: 6
Views: 1927

Re: dual citizenship transalations

I also used Gabriella Einaga, she is completely reasonable in her pricing and really went out of her way to make sure I had everything I needed. Definitely recommend her.
by ianiro
12 May 2011, 10:30
Topic: General Question
Replies: 0
Views: 495

General Question

Does anyone know of a good magazine that covers everything in Italy? From cities to real estate to investing in Italy and everything in between?
by ianiro
11 May 2011, 06:46
Topic: Coming to America
Replies: 9
Views: 2582

Re: Coming to America

"La Storia" is great book that covers a lot of what you want to know.
by ianiro
11 May 2011, 06:41

I can tell you from my experience at the Houston Consulate in Texas that my records had several minor spelling errors on them, and they had no issue with it. Also, I assume you are going to have to turn in her marriage and death record, how is her name spelled on those? If both of those are correct ...
by ianiro
11 May 2011, 06:33
Topic: Codice Fiscale
Replies: 19
Views: 15531

Codice Fiscale

I want to set up a bank account in Italy, but I know I have to get my codice fiscale first. Has anyone gotten theirs? Can I request my codice fiscale from my consulate (Houston) or do I have to request it from the Italian Embassy in Washington?
by ianiro
11 May 2011, 06:29
Topic: Passport from Houston Consulate
Replies: 2
Views: 883

Passport from Houston Consulate

I am wondering how long the wait is to receive my passport in the mail after I have my passport application appointment at the Houston Consulate?

I am starting to look at dates for when I can go to Italy to see family and I wanted to go with my italian passport. Any info will be appreciated.