Search found 8 matches

by Carboni
03 Jun 2011, 16:36
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Help - Correcting Birth Certificate in PA
Replies: 54
Views: 24115

Re: Help - Correcting Birth Certificate in PA

Yes, it's a computer generated extract - not a certified photocopy of the original document. PA for some reason has a special typed form for birth records and does not provide a photocopy of the original (although they do for death certificates, which is bizarre). When I first ordered my GF's record...
by Carboni
03 Jun 2011, 02:53
Topic: Help - Correcting Birth Certificate in PA
Replies: 54
Views: 24115

Help - Correcting Birth Certificate in PA

Hello all, Story so far: I have all of my documents required for my appointment in May 2012 with the Philly Consulate. One problem, however. My GF's birth certificate contains a misspelling of our family's Italian surname that is off by three letters. He was born in Philadelphia County and passed aw...
by Carboni
25 May 2011, 03:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need Help finding GGP's birth/marriage record in Le Marche
Replies: 5
Views: 1556

Re: Need Help finding GGP's birth/marriage record in Le Marc

Update: finally located GGP's marriage record. Fortunately, had a relative still alive who visited the town they were married in and remembered seeing the record, although he wasn't sure of the date. I faxed over a request for a search from 1900-1909 to the Comune and they sent me the record today. ...
by Carboni
25 May 2011, 03:43
Topic: Need help with Great Grand parents Marraige Cert.
Replies: 1
Views: 797

Re: Need help with Great Grand parents Marraige Cert.

Did your great-grandfather (or mother) naturalize? The naturalization forms after the 1920's usually listed the date and place of marriage. If you are sure the church you visited is where the marriage took place, then it might be worth a second visit to search through the records again. I suppose it...
by Carboni
16 Apr 2011, 03:30
Topic: BC correction of deceased person - PA.
Replies: 6
Views: 2321

Re: BC correction of deceased person - PA.

No problem - JScotz actually helped me get some of my info together not too long ago. I've worked for a judge before, so I have some insight into their thought process. One thing to keep in mind is, if you go to the trouble of filing a petition, gathering the evidence, and jumping through the proced...
by Carboni
15 Apr 2011, 02:25
Topic: BC correction of deceased person - PA.
Replies: 6
Views: 2321

Re: BC correction of deceased person - PA.

Zsnyder, I am about to undertake this process myself in PA. Can't speak from experience yet, but I can tell you what I know based on my research. I'm assuming you are going through the Orphan's Court (or Philly's Family Division) The standard of proof in a civil matter, like amending a BC, is prepon...
by Carboni
14 Apr 2011, 20:10

Re: Need Help finding GGP's birth/marriage record in Le Marc

Thank you both - so I'll send the request for the birth record to Folignano. Maybe I'll include a request for the marriage record with "around 1905" language - something like this: Estratto atto di matrimonio-Modello Plurilingue di Carboni Luigi e Colo Maria coniugati a Folignano verso il ...
by Carboni
14 Apr 2011, 15:22

Need Help finding GGP's birth/marriage record in Le Marche

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and since I've hit a brick wall in my research, I figured I should ask the experts how to proceed. I'm applying for jure sanguinis citizenship next year, so I am in a bit of a pickle if I don't find these records. I apologize in advance for the long post. Here is...