Search found 8 matches

by raes
01 Dec 2022, 19:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for Tabacchi in Sottocastello di Cadore, Belluno,
Replies: 21
Views: 9642

Re: Searching for Tabacchi in Sottocastello di Cadore, Belluno,

Hi Maria and Angelo, Taking a chance, you still check-in on this website. Here it is, almost 9 years later. Being that it is Christmas time, I was thinking of you both so thought I would see if you were still looking in. You seem to have had some sad news and situations back in 2014. I hope that thi...
by raes
27 Dec 2013, 17:41

Re: Searching for Tabacchi in Sottocastello di Cadore, Bellu

Hello to all on the Tabacchi website and especially to Maria Pia & Angelo. I would like to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I have not been doing genealogy for the last year as my husband passed away suddenly in November of 2012 and I have not continued in my search. Hope to get back into...
by raes
17 Aug 2012, 22:38

Hello GaryFranco, nice to meet you. :) I did a "quick reply" a while back, but I see it went nowhere, so you are not the only one who does not quite know how this site works. I have a tree on Ancestry Family Tree Maker under "Suttie Tabacchi Family Tree". I would like to find mor...
by raes
28 Dec 2011, 01:46

Hi Todd, I am not sure how this website works. Are you able to read the comments between Maria Pia and myself, or do you just see my original request? If you are able see her comments, we do not have a Peter or Pietro, but there is an Osvaldo as a first name. It is possible that our Osvaldo had a so...
by raes
23 Dec 2011, 14:33

Hello Maria Pia and Angelo, I am confused regarding how to input names into my Ancestry program. Would you please help me out on the names. Re: Valentino Tabacchi Merlo di Giobatta. Valentino is first name, TABACCHI is the surname. There is not a spot for the nickname Merlo. The rest would be descri...
by raes
22 Dec 2011, 03:35

Hello Maria Pia and Angelo, I am ecstatic at the information you have found. Thank you both so very much. I cannot believe that you were able to find so much about the family that matches with what I know. I really cannot thank you enough. If you have incurred any expense, please let me know and I w...
by raes
13 Sep 2011, 04:25

Dear Maria, Thank you so much for your reply. I have never heard of nicknames for Italian families. Maybe the nicknames were dropped in the USA due to census forms only asking for first, middle and last names. No room on the forms for nicknames. Maybe so, maybe not. I have very little information on...
by raes
27 Apr 2011, 00:03

Searching for Tabacchi in Sottocastello di Cadore, Belluno,

Would appriciate help in searching for my great grandfather, Valentine Tabacchi. Another researcher has the name as Valentine Tabacchi Merlo, but I do not know where that comes from, as I have never heard the name associated with him. Born: about 1850 Sottocastello di Cadore, Belluno, Veneto, Italy ...