Search found 6 matches

by wendellm
12 Aug 2005, 22:08
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Dealing with Homeland Security...
Replies: 3
Views: 3371

Re: Dealing with Homeland Security...

You can conduct a search of U.S. naturalization records by visiting the website of the USCIS at http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/g-639.htm. You should download, print, fill out and mail document g-639 (Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act Request). Read pages two and three for detailed ins...
by wendellm
27 Jul 2005, 20:12
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: The Volturno valley in Molise
Replies: 1
Views: 4964

The Volturno valley in Molise

I'm researching my family from the Volturno valley in Molise. Primarily, they were from the villages of Castel San Vincenzo (formerly San Vincenzo al Volturno) and Pizzone, though I also have ancestors from Colli a Volturno and Picinisco in Frosinone. The surnames I've found so far in my direct ance...
by wendellm
07 Jul 2005, 20:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Catasti Onciari for ITRI
Replies: 12
Views: 8595

Re: Catasti Onciari for ITRI

Suanj,

I would be interested in acquiring the book on Terra di Lavoro. My family is from Pizzone and San Vincenzo al Volturno, both part of Terra di Lavoro during the Catasti Onciari. What do this book contain? I live in the U.S. What would be the best way to obtain it?

Thanks,
Wendell
by wendellm
29 Jun 2005, 18:58
Topic: Italian Census
Replies: 6
Views: 4076

Re: Italian Census

Not online but available in some libraries is the 18-volume Italians to America. It has passenger lists for Italian immigrants who arrived in New York between 1880 and 1902. It is also available on CD-ROM. It is where I found my family's first crossing in 1891.

Wendell
by wendellm
29 May 2004, 18:03
Topic: Di Julio, Vacca, Di Benedetto, Di Iorio in Molise
Replies: 2
Views: 5063

Castel San Vincenzo

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I would be delighted to share information. My grandfather was born in San Vincenzo al Volturno before it and Castellone merged. His name was Emilio Tobia Di Julio (spelled Di Iulio in later records) and he was born February 29, 1884. His parents were Carmine Di Julio and ...
by wendellm
22 Mar 2004, 16:58
Topic: Di Julio, Vacca, Di Benedetto, Di Iorio in Molise
Replies: 2
Views: 5063

Di Julio, Vacca, Di Benedetto, Di Iorio in Molise

I am tracing the Di Julio, Vacca, Di Benedetto, and Di Iorio surnames in Pizzone and Castel San Vincenzo in Molise. If anyone else is researching these names or researching in Pizzone or San Vincenzo, I would like to share information.

- Wendell