Search found 83 matches

by rjnigro
03 Oct 2018, 18:08
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Security Decree - Coming Monday 9/23
Replies: 33
Views: 9097

Re: Security Decree - Coming Monday 9/23

George Orwell ended “Animal Farm” with the words: “All Animals are Equal, but some are More Equal than Others.” I sincerely hope “Italians First” refers to ALL Italians.
Very well stated ... "Legge E' Uguale per Tutti"
by rjnigro
13 Aug 2018, 15:08
Topic: Recognition of civil unions by Italy
Replies: 29
Views: 7543

Re: Recognition of civil unions by Italy

In Italy, civil unions are for two people of the same sex and adopting children (in Italy) is restricted https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/servizi/italiani/statocivile/unioni-civili-convivenze-di-fatto.html Notwithstanding the current statements by Ministers Fontana and Salvini, courts have generally rul...
by rjnigro
12 Aug 2018, 17:16

This thread was started by Italia787 to discuss the possibility for a same sex spouse of an Italian citizen to naturalize as an Italian and the possibility to obtain a permesso di soggiorno for a same sex partner of an Italian citizen. The factual information provided was in response to that ...
by rjnigro
12 Aug 2018, 16:18

If I’m reading the information in these links correctly, that would mean that although Italy does not recognize same-sex marriages, it does recognize same- and opposite-sex civil unions. In Italy people of the same sex can not enter into a marriage but they can enter into a civil-union which varies...
by rjnigro
12 Aug 2018, 14:45

Editing to roll back policies of the previous administration is in progress. Consulates will also have to change their websites to be in compliance with the new rules. It should be understood that the recognition of civil unions in Italy is not a mere "policy" or "rule" put in p...
by rjnigro
06 Aug 2018, 16:03

Agree mler ... And the scope of my reply was to the points of the initial poster with regard to obtaining citizenship and a permesso di soggiorno for the posters same sex partner. TerraLavoro is on point with regard to the questions raised by italia787 ... Italia787: Also take a look at the NY Consu...
by rjnigro
06 Aug 2018, 13:58

Legal marriage is required for opposite sex couples if the goal is for the non-Italian spouse to be able to naturalize through marriage to an Italian citizen I feel you should put more weight on the information provided by "TerraLavoro" and you should contact the Italian Embassy or the ne...
by rjnigro
13 Jul 2015, 14:58
Topic: Cerco parenti americani NIGRO
Replies: 9
Views: 5940

Re: Cerco parenti americani NIGRO

There is a small town named Accadia between Benevento and Foggia. There were/are many Nigro's from there including my grandparents who emigrated from there in the early 1900's
by rjnigro
05 May 2015, 18:25
Topic: Rachel
Replies: 11
Views: 7064

Re: Rachel

My great aunt (grandfather's sister) was named Rachele. She was from Puglia
by rjnigro
04 Jul 2013, 00:56
Topic: Italy and Gay Marriage
Replies: 3
Views: 2120

Re: Italy and Gay Marriage

Noel I. Garde, in his gossipy 1964 book Jonathan to Gide: The Homosexual In History, included John XII (r. 955-964), Benedict IX (r. 1033-1045; 1047-1048), John XXII (r. 1316-34), Paul II (r. 1464-1471), Sixtus IV (r. 1471-1484), Alexander VI (r. 1492-1503), Julius II (r. 1503-1513) and Leo X (r. 1...
by rjnigro
11 Oct 2012, 16:05
Topic: Paperwork needed to move to Italy with my family for 1 year
Replies: 6
Views: 2950

Re: Paperwork needed to move to Italy with my family for 1 y

You would probably want to have your marriage certificate, translated, apostille, and authenticated by the NY Consulate in case you want to proceed with your application outside of the NY Consulate's jurisdiction
by rjnigro
17 Jul 2012, 18:51
Topic: I Just Beat the 1948 Rule
Replies: 126
Views: 77164

Re: I Just Beat the 1948 Rule

Nothing printed in the English language, from household instruction manuals to recipes to product labels.
Really? EU regulations require it ... that EU languages are covered ... take a look at a chocolate bar!
by rjnigro
16 Jul 2012, 18:07
Topic: I Just Beat the 1948 Rule
Replies: 126
Views: 77164

Re: I Just Beat the 1948 Rule

Please don't lose sight that an Italian Court has agreed with the petitioner!
by rjnigro
16 Jul 2012, 18:06
Topic: Passport + AIRE process in NYC
Replies: 3
Views: 2722

Re: Passport + AIRE process in NYC

Hi and Congratulations! I had a similar situation this past December :-) When you went for your interview, you were probably given a form to fill out before meeting with the Consular. That would have been the AIRE form. Take a look at your recognition letter, it probably mentions you've been added t...