Search found 11 matches

by vino_verno
04 Dec 2011, 00:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Galante, Petrillo, Di Maria from Santa Croce del Sannio
Replies: 16
Views: 6874

Re: Galante, Petrillo, Di Maria from Santa Croce del Sannio

So it's now been just over 5 months since I originally wrote to the commune looking for birth records, and still no response at all. :| Is it typical for it to take this long with no response? Should I write to the same place again, with essentially the same letter or do I need to try somewhere else...
by vino_verno
17 Jul 2011, 08:30
Topic: birth certificate search
Replies: 6
Views: 1557

Re: birth certificate search

Sorry to get off topic, but I'm just curious as to how long it was until you got a reply. I ask because I wrote a commune not that far from Caserta about 1 month ago and still haven't heard anything. I was starting to wonder if maybe they can't find anything on my great grandfather.
by vino_verno
21 Jun 2011, 18:06

I just wanted to thank you again Tessa for all your help. I was able to write up a letter looking for birth certificates with the help of the links you posted and got it sent out yesterday to the commune. Hopefully I will get a response. Thanks again!
by vino_verno
21 Jun 2011, 18:01
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Where to find marriage information
Replies: 5
Views: 962

Re: Where to find marriage information

Thanks for throwing in the link to the other thread, Tessa. But since there are some really long posts over there that people may not want to go through, my great grandfather would have been born in 1903 and my great grandmother in 1910. The estimated year of marriage that I've gathered from looking...
by vino_verno
21 Jun 2011, 08:47
Topic: Where to find marriage information
Views: 962

Where to find marriage information

So I was looking into Dual Citizenship through my Great Grandfather. After already running into some problems (Anglicized name change, and it also appears as if he was the only one in his family not to become a Naturalized Citizen), now I'm finding it pretty impossible to track down a marriage recor...
by vino_verno
19 Jun 2011, 18:57

Yep, those manifests I have found during my searches. And that is what frustrated me. Because of the information I have from my grandfather's aunt (she is the wife of Salvatore Galante that I listed in that long post), she included TONS of information and all of it kind of pointed towards those mani...
by vino_verno
19 Jun 2011, 10:48

Hi Tessa, I do actually have some ship manifests and the 1920 and 1930 Censuses for for my gggf and my ggf. They were the last of the family to move to the states. I'm 99% sure the ship manifest I have already found for my G-Grandfather, his mother, and 2 siblings is correct (they all traveled toget...
by vino_verno
17 Jun 2011, 18:04
Topic: Question regarding stamps on a Passenger List
Views: 1018

Re: Question regarding stamps on a Passenger List

I do not have his death certificate yet, but I do not think it would be too hard to acquire. I have found both the 1920 and 1930 Census records for my great-grandfather, and both have him (and the rest of his family) as being Aliens under the section for their Citizenship. My Grandfather was born in...
by vino_verno
17 Jun 2011, 17:16

Re: Question regarding stamps on a Passenger List

That looks like that's it. There is a combination of handwritten notes similar to the image you shared along with the rubber stamp in pretty much the same location. So now I would guess that points to my Great Grandfather not becoming a Naturalized Citizen. Does it become a lot harder to prove that ...
by vino_verno
17 Jun 2011, 09:04

Question regarding stamps on a Passenger List

So I've found, what I believe to be, the passenger list for my Great Great Grandmother, my Great Grandfather, and 2 of his siblings. When looking over the information earlier today (I had found this document several months ago and never noticed this next item) I saw that there are 2 different stampe...
by vino_verno
17 Jun 2011, 08:56

Galante, Petrillo, Di Maria from Santa Croce del Sannio

Hey Everyone, I figured I'd give a little introduction post before I start posting questions and really getting into all the good stuff. My name is Vernon. I've been doing some research on my own off and on for about the past 10 months now and I'm starting to come across some problems that hopefully...