Search found 47 matches

by apersico
26 Sep 2022, 20:14
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Arruolamento, Servizi, Promozioni translation
Replies: 2
Views: 304

Re: Arruolamento, Servizi, Promozioni translation

I attempted to transcribe everything but there are handful of words I can't quite read and others that I'm not sure are correct. So if anyone can assist, that would be great! Soldato di leva 1 Categoria, classe 1891 Distretto? Bari giusta atto di sottomissione rilalasciato per espatriare (Consolato ...
by apersico
26 Sep 2022, 19:19
Topic: Arruolamento, Servizi, Promozioni translation
Views: 304

Arruolamento, Servizi, Promozioni translation

Can someone please help transcribe/interpret this document for me?

Thanks!
Angela
by apersico
12 Aug 2022, 01:17
Topic: Postcard photo translations
Replies: 18
Views: 1132

Re: Postcard photo translations

Angela, I try to give my contribution... However, apersico has a treasure! :) Continuing on: 9. Dearest Uncle Here I send you my small photograph, although I feel bad that they are not? photographs of Italy.? I understand, but not easy to explain..."benché sto male, che vuoi, sono fotografie d...
by apersico
11 Aug 2022, 22:52

3. My dear sister, this is me, your sister, Maria. 4. Correggia, 2 4 May 1938 I can't find a place named Correggia... I think they have mispelt the name and it should be Coreggia: http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/puglia/bari_alberobello_coreggia.html 5. Cigaga? Not sure about this one I wonder what...
by apersico
10 Aug 2022, 02:52

You might also search for an historian in a library or university. I once found an historian online at a university library who had expertise in clothing styles and cultural practices by time period. She also happened to be an Italian-American. She helped me successfully date some photos. Thank you...
by apersico
10 Aug 2022, 02:51

2) Cara sorella, conosci il tuo vestito, e mi vesto della vostra roba e Dio vi darà fortuna per sempre e vi fa passare bene quanto desiderate "Dear sister, you know your dress, I'm wearing your stuff, and God will send you luck forever, and will give you what you wish." I guess the dress ...
by apersico
10 Aug 2022, 02:46

I try, though I don't know if my English translation will sound fit 1) Ricordo dei tuoi nipoti Lina e Franco. Saluti con affetto "A keepsake from your nipoti Lina and Franco. Loving greetings" "Nipote", as you may know is used to mean nieces and nephews, as whell as a grandchild...
by apersico
10 Aug 2022, 02:42

In the context of these lovely photos (real gifts!) I would say the best translation for the word “ricordo” would be “a momento” or “a keepsake”. “A reminder” maybe less so, although that’s what they are. I have a lot of photos from Italia sent from family to my parents beginning with the word “Ric...
by apersico
07 Aug 2022, 20:27
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Dating photo postcard
Views: 1110

Dating photo postcard

Can anyone give me an approximate date/time period for this photo taken in Italy (likely Alberobello or Locorotondo), based on clothing styles? Or the postcard style?
by apersico
07 Aug 2022, 19:54
Topic: Translating birthday cards
Replies: 1
Views: 259

Translating birthday cards

Is someone able to please translate these 2 cards for me? In case this is useful for context, I believe they were written by one of my great grandparents (Cosmo or Angelina) to their daughter Betty.
by apersico
07 Aug 2022, 16:57

Postcard photo translations

When my great aunt died, I received a box of old photos, including a bunch of photo postcards from Italy. I've used Google Translate to the best of my ability, but there are many words I'm having a hard time deciphering, so I'm hoping someone can help me translate all of them more accurately. I beli...
by apersico
01 Sep 2021, 13:14
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Help locating ship manifest for Giuseppe Bini
Replies: 8
Views: 5678

Re: Help locating ship manifest for Giuseppe Bini

hi Thanks, yes Coreggia is a hamlet of Alberobello currently, but in the past time pertaining Monopoli Municipality, and however Coreggia had own civil records like a Municipality: Giuseppe Bini born in Coreggia on 9 jun 1885 son of Pietro Bini 35 old, farmer, domiciled in Monopoli and of Antonia A...
by apersico
01 Sep 2021, 01:24
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Help locating ship manifest for Giuseppe Bini
Views: 5678

Re: Help locating ship manifest for Giuseppe Bini

Hello, I'm trying to find a ship manifest for my great grandfather's brother, Giuseppe Bini. My great grandfather was Cosmo Bini, who immigrated to the US in 1906 from Alberobello. I found 2 ship manifests for Cosmo, one in 1905, where his name is crossed out, and another in 1906. Both records say ...
by apersico
22 Jul 2021, 21:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Recent Death Records
Views: 1389

Re: Recent Death Records

Tessa78 wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 16:47 Can you post a link to the birth act?

T.
Here is a link to the birth record: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

It's Mariantonia Giacovelli, #32
by apersico
22 Jul 2021, 21:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Recent Death Records
Views: 1389

Re: Recent Death Records

Italysearcher wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 17:52 Request an EXTRACT Of her death record. Say its for citizenship purposes. Include photo ID and describe how you are related.
The extract should give you her spouse's name whether he is dead or alive.
Thank you! I might give this a shot!